New Member and Training Opportunity in Pulaski County

dvc40jim

I spent 21 years and change in the Army and started Advanced Performance Shooting in 1998 with our custom grips and a few retail products, most of the retail products are out of our inventory and but we stuck with providing awesome grip enhancements for virtually anything on the market.

The Firearms Training Division of Advanced Performance Shooting was established to meet the growing demand for professional firearms training worldwide. Law Enforcement, Military, and Security Personnel as well as select Civilians who have a need for modern firearms training will certainly benefit from our over 27 years combined experience in the Military and as a professional shooter in numerous competitive shooting venues. We guarantee we have a program that will meet and exceed your training requirements! It does not matter if you are interested in Advanced Hostage Rescue or Active Shooter Response or just want to learn to shoot better; we can set you on the right course with training to achieve your goals without any BS or gimmicks.

We offer a Concealed Carry Course but it's a comprehensive shooting program and not just a check the block for MO CCW. Like the all of our programs our goal is to help our students achieve an unconscious level of competance thru correct application of the fundamentals and deliberate repetition of the same. In short we shoot, we shoot correctly and we shoot a lot!

Thanks for the "welcomes". My "Day job" keeps me on my toes and pretty busy and sometimes I have to race to catch up on the weekends.... so I thought I would continue with a little bit more of how our training is conducted at Advanced Performance Shooting.
Having spent all of my adult life working in or around the military I realized that "One size fits all" training is common place, every bit as much in the civilian sector and police communities. Experience tells me that type of training will produce the desired result but far to often that is when training stops and many involved don't bother to step beyond the one size fits all mold. While the one size fits all approach result is effective to some degree, the result is short lived and it creates huge gaps.

We made the commitment to never let our training stagnate but rather always grow and change to keep up with the threat regardless of the audience. Each and every course we teach evolves each time we teach it. "Training to standard and not to time" took on a whole new degree of importance in my mind. We strive to challenge each and every student every time they step onto the training range. While I was in the Army I loved fast paced physically challenging training events and as much as we can we push our students hard and present them with phyically and mentally challenging drills and scenarios to help them progress farther and faster than their own expectations.

No matter how hard I try I never seem to get the round count for a given class correct. Invariably by the end of class students are breaking into their emergency stash of ammo, borrowing from other students or dipping into my range box to get a few more rounds to do just one more drill. Most of the time we end up running longer than planned wondering where the time went. I have witnessed students who are afraid to step out of their "comfort zone".... so we start outside of their comfort zones in most instances and they never get a chance to worry about it.

In each of our classes it's all about one more repetition, one more chance to get it a little bit faster and a little bit more accurate. One more chance to find a better solution to a given problem or adapt a solution for one problem to create a solution to solve another. It's all about the challenge to keep our training in context and keeping it progressive by design. We adopted the motto "HOPE" is Not a Course of Action"! because we want our students to realize that it's about a commitment to learning in an ever changing environment.

I wish I would have known about your course a few years ago when I took ccw training on the fort. My instructor was almost an idiot. He taught us nothing. I will have to see now if I can make back there to take one of your courses.

I wish I would have known about your course a few years ago when I took ccw training on the fort. My instructor was almost an idiot. He taught us nothing. I will have to see now if I can make back there to take one of your courses.

No worries, same dude still teaches... still teaches to not only count your rounds but to count the bad guys rounds as well. Still teaches a grip that went out 25 years ago and countless other things that simply don't have a place in the modern training world. If you make it back this way for a class dinner is on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back