New Laws

joeykatp

Hi,
Does anyone have any new info regarding the changes in shipping ammo to New York State? My wife and I, and my daughter go to the range once a month as a pact to keep up with familiarity and practice, and, as best we can preparedness, with our guns. This also serves as a great hobby, but requires ammunition to do so. I used to shop online looking for the best deals, but have received notices from all those sources I have purchased from stating they can no longer ship to me in New York.

Per luckygunner.com: "Can you ship to New York?
Due to the in-person requirement mandated through section 50 of the New York Safe Act, we are only permitted to ship your ammunition to either a valid FFL holder or a registered seller of ammunition. The FFL holder or registered seller of ammunition will then transfer the ammunition to you after complying with the other portions of the New York Safe Act. You are solely responsible for any transfer fees charged by your chosen FFL dealer."

Link Removed

"The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all ammunition transfers take place in person, including internet sales, which must be facilitated by a New York State
ammunition seller."
"The law will also require retail sellers to do background checks and record sales once a New York State database is established and operational. The State database is
currently under construction and not operational.."

Call a friend out-of-state and have them ship ammo to you or drive to PA and buy your own.
You can also get a NYS Tax ID and apply for a "NY Seller of Ammunition License" and have it shipped to you that way.

I'm collecting brass. Reloading supplies are still GTG online ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back