New IL CCL Website is Live

kwc

New web site launched today with slightly more information regarding the application process:

https://ccl4illinois.com/ccw/Public/Home.aspx

One thing that surprised me was the need to obtain a digital certificate first in order to apply online. As a military member currently residing in IL, but a resident of PA, I qualify for a resident license but need to follow the non-resident procedures for obtaining a digital PKI certificate first. This involves printing an application, getting it notarized, sending in the hard copy form and waiting for a registration code in the mail, and waiting for another code via email. THEN I can sign up online for a digital ID password. Yikes. I wonder how long this will take?

Residents can enter their driver's license number to receive a digital certificate right away.

Kwc

This looks like a SCAM. I do not think it is an official ISP website. BEWARE

Domain Name: CCL4ILLINOIS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1830796457_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy
Update Date: 2013-10-11 16:06:10
Creation Date: 2013-10-11 16:06:10
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-10-11 16:06:10
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Travis Ackert
Registrant Organization: Appriss Inc
Registrant Street: 10401 Linn Station Road
Registrant Street: Suite 200
Registrant City: Louisville
Registrant State/Province: Kentucky
Registrant Postal Code: 40299
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: 8662777477
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Travis Ackert
Admin Organization: Appriss Inc
Admin Street: 10401 Linn Station Road
Admin Street: Suite 200
Admin City: Louisville
Admin State/Province: Kentucky
Admin Postal Code: 40299
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: 8662777477
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Travis Ackert
Tech Organization: Appriss Inc
Tech Street: 10401 Linn Station Road
Tech Street: Suite 200
Tech City: Louisville
Tech State/Province: Kentucky
Tech Postal Code: 40299
Tech Country: United States
Tech Phone: 8662777477
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS5.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS6.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS7.DNSMADEEASY.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form | ICANN
Last update of WHOIS database: 2013-12-13T15:00:00Z

Since the official Illinois State Police web site now takes you to this link (see http://www.isp.state.il.us and select the "Concealed Carry" icon on the right-hand side), instead of the prior pages linked from that button, I would be inclined to believe this is an official site.

Then again, one could argue that the entire process to apply for a CCL in Illinois is a SCAM regardless... :)

Yes, the IL-CCW is up and running, but the process was simply with having the digital ID number; the only set back I see is the time that it takes to approve the applicants. What will it take for IL to have more states of reciprocity?

The approval time frames were written in the law so can't blame the ISP. I hear rumor from those in the know that the vast majority of the beta testers are basically approved and waiting for the 30 day LEO limbo to expire.

Reciprocity? Don't count on it for the next few years in my opinion. There is a reason why the law was written the way it was, making it next to impossible for out of state residents to get a carry license, but throwing them a bone with the vehicle carry. The reason is the powers that be don't really want people carrying in Illinois. Two things are going to need to happen to get recriprocity in my opinion, 1) We are going to need to prove that the wild wild west isn't going to happen. That'll take at least 2 or more years to start changing peoples perceptions. 2) It's going to take an act of legislation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back