New Holster

TCP1984

Picked up a Galco "Fletch" High Ride Holster today. Now I just need to work the leather a bit so the pistol can actually be drawn!
ta6umaty.jpg
Link Removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's beautiful. I have a leather holster, but I don't use it because it's so hard to draw from. What does "work the leather" mean?

Loosen it up a bit. Break it in.Galco recommends putting the pistol in zip lock bag (leave the handle sticking out) then put it in the holster and twist it a little bit to loosen it up

Loosen it up a bit. Break it in.Galco recommends putting the pistol in zip lock bag (leave the handle sticking out) then put it in the holster and twist it a little bit to loosen it up

After putting it in the bag, let it set overnight. I usually wrap mine in one wrap of cling wrap and let set overnight. If it is not loose enough I wrap it in two wraps, let set overnight again. You can stretch leather but you can not shrink it. I make holsters for friends and family, only.

Picked up a Galco "Fletch" High Ride Holster today. Now I just need to work the leather a bit so the pistol can actually be drawn!
ta6umaty.jpg
Link Removed

Very nice. Try wrapping gun, once or even twice, depending on how tight it is, with wax paper [wax on the outside]. Insert into the holster for a couple days. The thickness of the paper will stretch the leather just enough and the wax will reduce friction while holstering/unholstering.

Obviously, you only need to cover where metal meets leather. Works for me and doesn't put any wear on your pistol.

I used 2 freezer bags and it's just about where I want it, just gotta leave it in the holster for a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back