Nevada Drops Arizona Permits

wyobud

Just found out from my son in Vegas, that Nevada has voted to drop Arizona Permits. Seems it is do to Arizona relaxing their training requirements for permit holders.

Link Removed

Because NV has such low gun crime rates, I am sure they are significantly safer now :wacko:

Bet you a hundred bucks it's pure politics. The kingdom of King Harry Reid vs the land governed by Jan Brewer.

Yeah, I seen this because when I got my AZ premit I was happy to carry and be legal there, the wife and I travel there from time to time and I was going to take my firearm. The other premit want allow me to carry there so I guess that I got to get another one that will honor it.

We here in NV deal with the Nevada Cheifs and sherrifs association when it comes to CCW reciprocity laws. Them pricks seem to believe they are the end all, as much as I wish we could blame Harry Reid, not him this time.

Nevada is a shall issue state for non-residents. You could always pick up their permit if you travel there regularly.

Nevada is a shall issue state for non-residents. You could always pick up their permit if you travel there regularly.

Which is exactly what Nevada wants. They want you to spend your time and money taking an eight hour class, qualification at the range, and paying for the permit every five years.

The wife and I do, because we have time share there and like to get away at time. So do you have a website that I can go to and maybe see if I can get one?

Which is exactly what Nevada wants. They want you to spend your time and money taking an eight hour class, qualification at the range, and paying for the permit every five years.

Yep, I think the same thing also, man what a rip off but it's everybody cashing in on it, with the price gouges at the LGS. Man with all of what going on, if I can get a piece of the action I would to.

It's not really surprising to be honest. I think it is only the beginning. It's nice to know you don't HAVE to get a CCW to carry concealed, but I think the requirements should have remained for the training if you decide you do really want one.

they pulled this kind of nonsense with the FLA permit a few years ago, I believe because FLA permits are good for 7 years NV feels that is too long of a renewal cycle so they stopped honoring FLA permits. I and many other floridians have chosen not to spend our money where our guns are not as welcome as our wallets are.

This was bound to happen when Arizona dropped live firing and the Arizona Department of Public Safety from the CCW requirements. Anyway, if you travel to Nevada, you can carry a loaded concealed handgun in your car. You just can't have it concealed on your person or any luggage, cases, etc. when you leave your car.

Nevada CCW

The wife and I do, because we have time share there and like to get away at time. So do you have a website that I can go to and maybe see if I can get one?

Nevada issues the CCW by County. So if your time share is in Clark County then that is where you want to apply for you CCW. When it comes to your renewal time you will have to apply for your renewal in Clark County. You will not be able to apply for a renewal in any other county. Also the CCW course you take has to be approved by that County Sheriff. So if you apply in Nye County they will honor Front Sights CCW Class but Clark County doesn't.

I recently applied for an Arizona permit. They still require an NRA gun class (or other certified pistol training class), fingerprints, usual background check and etc. I do not see where Arizona weakened the requirements. Arizona does not require concealed handgun permits in Arizona anymore but they still offer permits so that travel in other states that recognizes Arizona permits is maintained. Does anyone have the specific reasons stated by the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police other than the claim that Arizona "weakened" the Arizona permit requirements?

NRA pistol class requires live fire. Eight hours class time. Arizona Dept of Public Safety still handles the issue of permits.

The Arizona permit is recognized by most states. Check it out on the USA Carry Concealed Carry Maps.

Last edited:
Please tell me what the requirements were before for Arizona. Was it limited to only Arizona Dept of Public Safety Instructors? I just submitted an application for an Arizona permit and I can not see how the requirements would not be similar enough to Nevada's own requirements to accept for recognition of the Arizona permit.

I recently applied for an Arizona permit. They still require an NRA gun class (or other certified pistol training class), fingerprints, usual background check and etc. I do not see where Arizona weakened the requirements. Arizona does not require concealed handgun permits in Arizona anymore but they still offer permits so that travel in other states that recognizes Arizona permits is maintained. Does anyone have the specific reasons stated by the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police other than the claim that Arizona "weakened" the Arizona permit requirements?

NRA pistol class requires live fire. Eight hours class time. Arizona Dept of Public Safety still handles the issue of permits.

The Arizona permit is recognized by most states. Check it out on the USA Carry Concealed Carry Maps.

They have a list of acceptable training that includes more than just N R A classes:

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:
1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.
2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.
3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.
4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.
5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.
6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.
7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.
8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

Please tell me what the requirements were before for Arizona. Was it limited to only Arizona Dept of Public Safety Instructors? I just submitted an application for an Arizona permit and I can not see how the requirements would not be similar enough to Nevada's own requirements to accept for recognition of the Arizona permit.

Use to be that the training had to be done inside of AZ....probably limited to those same instructors that "pointed out the change" to the Sheriff's Assoc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back