Needed help for a Ruger Mark III (Model 22/45)

MJCookSr

I have a Ruger Mark III, Model 22/45, and after my son inserted the "Mainspring Housing Latch", and latched it, the gun will not fire and I can not get it back out of the pistol. Can somebody please tell me how to remove the "Mainspring Housing Latch" assembly? I'm considering on sending the gun back to Ruger because it was a fun pistol to plink and target shoot with, but I would rather repair it myself if I can. I appreciate any help that somebody might be able give me.

After you get it figured out find and install a quick take down kit. As much as I love my 22/45 I hate putting it back together, I've had it over 10 years and still use the instructions to re assemble. I had a similar problem during re assembly but for the life of me I can't remember the remedy, I know it took a lot of fidgeting a little bit of cursing and I finally got it, it's hard to tell with out it in front of me, sorry. Try a local gun shop, if they can't help, they can send it off for factory service.

Ruger has made this one of the most difficult guns to take down. The first few times with disassemble you need to use a center punch to drive the pin down from the receiver and put way too much elbow greases into pulling the assembly down. If you cannot remove the mainspring housing latch, you may need to send it back to Ruger.

After Reading the responses to my cry for help on how to repair my Ruger, I spent several hours watching many, many youtube video's and I finally found one that gave me a wonderful clue as to how to approach my Ruger problem. I followed the suggestion using a board and I also had to use a dead blow hammer with a heavy shop rag so I wouldn't mar or scratch the pistol. I had to work at it, but when finished, I ran 20 rounds through the pistol successfully.

The youtube link is: Mk_III_and_22_45_disassembly_tips_pt-4 - YouTube

Great I'm glad your all fixed up, I don't like when people have a bad experience with a good gun. Happy shooting!

Glad you were able to beat the beast into submission! Love the gun...but it is a pain to tear down and clean properly.

Glocker001;

Could you tell me a little bit about a quick take down kit, I'm totally unaware of this kit.

Thanks, MJCookSr

this should help--it did for me! I love my Ruger 22/45,I hated taking it apart until I got this which I've since save to my favorites--http://guntalk-online.com/detailstrip.htm

AAAAhhhhh................ I remember the first time I took mine apart, two days and countless curse words later it was back together. I love shooting it but I may never take it apart again. Glad it worked out.

AAAAhhhhh................ I remember the first time I took mine apart, two days and countless curse words later it was back together. I love shooting it but I may never take it apart again. Glad it worked out.

rilkil23 - Thank you very much.

Even though I'm back in business with my Ruger Mark III, Model 22/45, I would have loved to have found this url to have helped me. For the next individual that will have a problem with their Ruger, all I can say is, "make sure you investigate this url along with the others", it will be a very large help!

detailstrip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back