Need help with Illinois handgun laws: an interesting predicament.

You guys crack me up, one must be thick skinned to get involved in this exchange...Very funny!

Actually, as a retired Illinois LEO I do have an Illinois Concealed Carry permit. Tell your Chicago cop friend he needs to move into the 21st Century.
And, here's a link to the Illinois Retired Police Concealed Carry where he can apply for his permit:

Illinois Retired Officer Concealed Carry Program - IROCC

One of the reasons I don't hang around this site too much is there seems to be a distinct lack of civility. A lot of you want to play "I gotcha" all the time and you always base your information on "my friend's brother used to be married to a former cop who told him that..." yadeyadeya

Anybody can fly with a handgun or other firearm. the TSA has specific rules and they are easy to follow. Follow the link:

TSA: Traveling with Special Items

If anybody from Illinois or traveling to/going to school or work in/or just passing through illinois would like timely and accurate information about the current status of firearm laws in Illinois, I would suggest you join the forum at

Illinois Carry - A Website Dedicated To Advancing Conceal Carry For Illinois

The NRA and ISREA folks who are leading the fight are all members of that forum and will be glad to give any information you need.

In the meantime,

lightenup.jpg

Last edited:
G50AE:244913 said:
Hyperlink would have been so much more effective. And polite. But hey if we tried to be polite then Navy and this Chubb guy would never post would they.

(OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for being even less civil than kelcarry, Terminal Lance, oldsalt, and Providence Rance goes to Warbirds. Please come up on stage and give a brief aceptance speach and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.

Whatever inadequacies you are making up for with your constant CCW badge, cookie, and glock fan boy talk, have gotten really old.

It's almost like you should be chasing Navy around going "De plane boss.... De plane, De plane!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back