Need anwsers

AFproud98

I’m 20 and in the military I’m stationed in sc but I am a resident of Texas is there anyway I can acquire a conceal carry. I really don’t like the area but I’m new to the forums please help

So what’s the deal, are y’all allowed to license carry in Texas under 21? I know you can purchase a handgun at at 18 but as far as being stationed in South Carolina well, I’m not familiar with military laws or if any of that even pertains at all but since you are living there basically, I would think that you would have to get your carry permit there. That is if SC gives permits to anyone under 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Both South Carolina and Texas require you to be 21 to obtain the carry license. Gonna have to wait a few months, kiddo.

Both South Carolina and Texas require you to be 21 to obtain the carry license. Gonna have to wait a few months, kiddo.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. I can’t think of any state that would issue a permit to anyone under 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are several sources to look up information on firearm laws.

The Concealed Carry Resources dropdown at the top of any page on this site.
https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

and Handgunlaw.
Link Removed

You can also do a search for a specific state’s handgun law on any search engine.

I see nothing wrong with the information from the other responders above, but not every bit of information that is posted on a forum like this is always accurate.

If you are active Military you can apply in Texas either as a resident if you kept Texas as your home home of record or as a non-resident at 18. Thing is a TX non-resident is not valid in SC and a resident license is valid but you have to be 21. Best to wait until you are 21 and get the Texas Resident if you kept Texas as your home of record. That way it is valid in a lot more places especially FL and SC which only honor Resident permits.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back