Need Advice, what state permit should I get

kingofthedemo

I live in TN. I would like to know what state permit is the best for me to get, in terms of overall coverage. I want my permit to be valid in as many states as possible. Also if I get a non-resident permit from another state that TN accepts, will I still have to get a TN permit also since I live in TN or would a non-resident surfice? Thank you for your time and opinions!

Apply for a Florida or Utah non-resident permit. They're both good in about 30 states. Utah requires a specific course, but Florida will accept any course certificate.

You will need to be licensed by your home state. They will honor out-of-state licenses held by non-residents only.

Tennessee's permit is allowed in 35 other states besides Tennessee, so why don't you try your own backyard? Just remember; the grass is never greener on the other side of the hill, people just want it to be! :pleasantry:

First, go here for Tennessee's Link Removed

Residents of TN are required to have a resident concealed license. If you have a concealed license from another state and fail to be approved for the Tennessee license then your out of state concealed license is no good in Tennessee.

TCA 39-17-1351
<snip>
the person applies for a handgun permit in this state and the application is denied, the person shall not be allowed to carry a handgun in this state based upon the other state's permit."

TN already has better reciprocity than UT...so don't bother with that one.

TN already has better reciprocity than AZ...so don't bother with that one.

IA will be added to your TN 01.01.11.

FL will add WA to what you have with TN. CT will add CT, RI will add RI (if you can get it), MA will add MA.

Looks like you're already covered for max coverage with TN by itself.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back