Need advice. CCW/CHL good for Texas, Nevada, and the states in between.

mcpugh

Hello.

I recently moved from Nevada to Texas and decided to get a CHL. It was disappointing to learn a Texas CHL wouldn't be valid in Nevada. I have family in Nevada that I'd like to go visit and I'm looking to bring my guns. We'll most likely travel through New Mexico and Arizona to get there.

It recently came to my attention that is is possible to get CHL/CCW from some other states as a non-resident. My question is which state would be the easiest to get my CHL/CCW that covers both Texas and Nevada and the in between states if necessary?

Thank you.

Top of the page, under Concealed Carry Resources is the menu item Concealed Carry Maps. Click away! You'll be able to decide what will work best for you. I think Nevada might be tricky, though.

Nevada has really been reducing the states' permits it recognizes. And among those, none are the common non-resident permits people get. Matter of fact, I just checked several of the recognized states and none of them offer non-resident permits. I think that's by design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back