NC to VA by POV with loaded firearm...

ArmyCW4

Travels to VA from NC Tell me the scoops?

Do you have a permit for concealed carry, an from what state? Probably critical information before anyone can even attempt to answer.

If you have a permit, do you feel you should be knowledge about carry laws, and be aware of sites (such as this one) that provide information about carry laws and reciprocity between states?

Do you have a smart phone, and have you explored any of the apps that provide resources when traveling?

1. Do have a CC from NC which is reciprocal in VA as far as my knowledge and enacted laws in VA and NC.

2. Having a CC would not make me 100% law proof -- I do my due diligence to stay informed of laws hence being a member of this forum (which is great BTW)

3. Haven't use any apps yet, any that you could provide.

From my readings and research, I can:

Transport the weapon from NC to VA within my POV loaded and w/o the need of being in a locked container (both VA and NC) allow it. Since I do have a CC from NC, VA will honor as per reciprocity among the two.

While in VA, I can CC with permit from NC and must inform upon demand?

Anything am I missing?

Thanks!

Sounds like you got it. Just be sure you know where it's illegal to carry if there are any like schools or school property, gov't buildings, etc. if you're going to places like that. Seems like each state has different laws about these. I drove from Indiana to Hilton Head a year ago and had to put gun in the trunk thru one of the states.

If you have a smart phone or tablet look at the app CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State guide

Also check out Handgunlaw.us

No drinking while carrying, signs do not have force of law.

There's no requirement to volunteer that you are armed in Virginia (as is the case in NC). Yes the officer can ask to see your permit however.

Virginia is actually quite liberal in gun transport. CHP or not, you can transport your gun in a closed compartment (which includes glove boxes and consoles with lids, locks not included).

"Legal Heat" is an app (I have an Iphone, but I think its also android) that was recommended to me.

It has worked well for my trips up and down the East Coast from NC.

All this was true at the time this thread was started, but it's all gone now that their AG rescinded reciprocity with 25 states, to include NC, where I too reside. Sad that the liberals have no respect for the US Constitution, or for the God given right of self defense.

All this was true at the time this thread was started, but it's all gone now that their AG rescinded reciprocity with 25 states, to include NC, where I too reside. Sad that the liberals have no respect for the US Constitution, or for the God given right of self defense.

Rescinded reciprocity does not go into effect until February 1, 2016.

Glad my trip was done prior to this for sure......

Most on this thread seem to be of the same mindset, and I agree, we'll just open carry in Virginia now, and although it reveals us to thugs earlier than necessary, the effective deterrent effect is still there. I simply want to go home at night unmolested, and the Virginia AG be damned.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back