Nano Vault issue

crabbys44

Has anyone else had this nightmare?

I bought a combination lock NanoVault for my car. I noticed the combination lock was "canted" to one side and the lock was BROKEN.

I don't know how it happened, the paint isn't even scratched. I used a metal shim to reposition the lock and was able to get my gun out of the safe. I am within the one year warranty.

The "customer service (sarcasm generator on)" guy asks me all sorts of questions and want pictures of this broken lock. After all of that, he wants a serial #. I told him I couldn't find one. "Oh, the NanoVaults don't have serial #s." (Then why did he ask?)

Since I don't have a serial # he wants a receipt. It was a Christmas gift and I didn't get a receipt. No receipt, no fix. No serial #, no warranty. I asked him to send me just the lock and I would replace it myself. "The locks are not covered in inventory."

I liked the safe until it wouldn't give me my gun. I thought Gun Vault was a quality company. Or am I just stuck with dealing with an idiot?:mad:

I have the Mimi version of that safe and am happy with it. I would call back and get a manager on the phone. It sounds like you got the reject of the day in that customer service.
Good luck

They are plastic and cheap I use the key version and am a huge fan if the button open ones from home. The biometric are twice the cost and I feel less reliable because your hands have to be free of excess oils

I had a QC problem with my Nano vault 100, key lock version. The attachment cable crimp that is supposed to hold the cable loop was loose, just a slight tug and the loop came open. So I e mail the customer no service dept and get no response, two tries and still no response. So I am no longer a customer of these crooks, if they won't even respond to a simple request for service on a under warranty item I will no longer be a customer, and I will advise anyone I can to do like wise. CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!

I had a QC problem with my Nano vault 100, key lock version. The attachment cable crimp that is supposed to hold the cable loop was loose, just a slight tug and the loop came open. So I e mail the customer no service dept and get no response, two tries and still no response. So I am no longer a customer of these crooks, if they won't even respond to a simple request for service on a under warranty item I will no longer be a customer, and I will advise anyone I can to do like wise. CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!

How hard would you have to tug to get the 18ga steel to bend and release the cable if the crimp was good? Seems like the steel on those would give pretty easy, not to mention a good two handed squeeze with a pair of dikes on the cable. They don't seem very secure even for a smash and grab.

I also got the key lock version and would recommend it over the combo. version. It fits nicely into my console of my truck. Never for a minute have I been sorry for my choice. If you are having a problem with yours, then by all means, contact the manufacturer and get it fix under warranty if possible. Even if the warranty is out, it probably won't cost much to have them repair it to spec. They will probably be able to give a quote by phone if asked.

I have a simple, keyed, Lockdown Compact handgun vault. Paid $17.68 for it - actually built heavier than the nano gunvault. Has done a terrific job for me! No issues whatsoever.

I just can't imagine something in this price range proving much security against theft. They are great for air travel and your kids probably won't deliberately damage one trying to get in out of curiosity. Someone that just wants to steal won't care about damage. I found this a while back online.

I just can't imagine something in this price range proving much security against theft. They are great for air travel and your kids probably won't deliberately damage one trying to get in out of curiosity. Someone that just wants to steal won't care about damage. I found this a while back online.

Pretty much... I keep one of those in my car in case I run across somewhere I can't carry it. I also have the one with the combo lock, and it definitely doesn't feel nearly as sturdy as the keyed one! That one is at home, basically just keeps the kid away from the gun I keep in there.

Definitely want something better, especially for in the car... Just haven't had the funds yet, and had other priorities. It'll do for now, especially since my car looks very unattractive... :) Getting through the junk will take longer than breaking into the safe, if they can find it! :laugh:

Wow, I look at a few of the gun vault safe so when I fly I was going to use it but I went pelican one that I think that I made the right choice and plus the ones I find was made in China which I didn't like.

BTDT (Been There Done That) They won't warranty the safe or send me a replacement lock.

I also got the key lock version and would recommend it over the combo. version. It fits nicely into my console of my truck. Never for a minute have I been sorry for my choice. If you are having a problem with yours, then by all means, contact the manufacturer and get it fix under warranty if possible. Even if the warranty is out, it probably won't cost much to have them repair it to spec. They will probably be able to give a quote by phone if asked.

Looks like your only option is to get another make to replace this. Like I said mine has been very serviceable with no problems. But, if I had a problem I sure would look for something else next time. There are a lot of different ones out there, depending on you wallet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back