NAA Black Widow for CC

JustTheFacts

I think I'm going to start carrying an old Black Widow in 22 Mag that I have sitting around. It's tiny and really easy to conceal and accurate enough out to 15-20 yards when I practice.

So it's off to the range to run some HP copper washed lead through it.

Yup, it's only 5 shots. And it's single action. But who cares, I'll probably never have to use it anyway.

It's better than a Nerf gun if you can hit what you shoot at. Hopefully you will never need it, but it's nice to know it's there if you do.

Not sure that I would rely on one for primary EDC but they are better than nothing.

It's better than a Nerf gun if you can hit what you shoot at.

I'm quite accurate with my Nerf gun but only out to about 7 yards. I like to carry Nerf while I wander the neighborhood but the Black Widow is going with me on the dangerous adventures to the local Target. I can take out a 2-Liter from three aisles down concealed behind their wonderful coffee collection.

they are making 22mag self defense loads now, and If someone thinks a 22 mag isnt enough gun for CC, ask if they would let you shoot them with it....

Link Removed

I had an NAA mini, and I am a fairly decent shot with every OTHER gun I have shot. The extremely short barrel made my accuracy questionably at 3 yds. The lack of a handle probably adds to that. I would really have to question your 15-20 yard claim.

I had an NAA mini, and I am a fairly decent shot with every OTHER gun I have shot. The extremely short barrel made my accuracy questionably at 3 yds. The lack of a handle probably adds to that. I would really have to question your 15-20 yard claim.
perhaps you need to actually LOOK at the firearm he is talking about BEFORE you go calling his integrity into question..... the grip is MUCH bigger than the firearm YOU describe as having experience with...

perhaps you need to actually LOOK at the firearm he is talking about BEFORE you go calling his integrity into question..... the grip is MUCH bigger than the firearm YOU describe as having experience with...

I actually did, to see what the "Black Widow" was. I was thinking that was the one where the cylinder stayed attached, but that was the "Sidewinder".
-
Integrity? More like exaggeration based on not knowing how far 60ft actually is. I doubt a gun with a +/- 1" barrel would be accurate while clamped into a vise on target ad 20 yards. At 3 yds most of the rounds are going through the target sideways. That ain't me, that's the gun and the length of barrel. That was also with both LR and WMR.
-
Don't get me wrong, they're cute guns, fun to shoot etc. Ballistics say they cannot be that accurate at 60ft. The tumbling round would be unpredictable enough that Kentucky windage wouldn't even help,

I actually did, to see what the "Black Widow" was. I was thinking that was the one where the cylinder stayed attached, but that was the "Sidewinder".
-
Integrity? More like exaggeration based on not knowing how far 60ft actually is. I doubt a gun with a +/- 1" barrel would be accurate while clamped into a vise on target ad 20 yards. At 3 yds most of the rounds are going through the target sideways. That ain't me, that's the gun and the length of barrel. That was also with both LR and WMR.
-
Don't get me wrong, they're cute guns, fun to shoot etc. Ballistics say they cannot be that accurate at 60ft. The tumbling round would be unpredictable enough that Kentucky windage wouldn't even help,
So when I (and MANY others) can consistently hit a man sized target at 100 yards with a .357 snubby (less than a 2" barrel) it is just plain luck?

STOP applying/projecting your poor skills with short barrel pistols onto others please....

I'm afraid I would have to also question the 15-20 yds, 15-20 ft maybe, I have a 22 mag 1 inch barrel and can keep mine in a paper plate, @15ft may do a bit better if I practiced with it more, lethal hits at 15-20yds are possible, I meen the bullit can certainly kill, but out very far at all the force must strong:smile:

I thought that's the one you were talking about, its the mini that folds up into the handle like a pocket knife, and if a man or lady, can get good hits at 20 yds good for them they are better than me, however unless I see it I will question it.............in any case I would never want to be hit by one, no matter what gun its shot out of

So when I (and MANY others) can consistently hit a man sized target at 100 yards with a .357 snubby (less than a 2" barrel) it is just plain luck?

STOP applying/projecting your poor skills with short barrel pistols onto others please....

Wow, that certainly is not plain luck at all, nosiree, that I would say is highly exceptional luck

I was just talking central body mass at 15 to 20 yards with the Black Widow's huge grip and 2" barrel but the guy at gunblast.com wrote:

"The Black Widow is also given a set of drift sights front and back. The back sight square notch for me, had to be opened a small amount so it had light on both sides of the front sight when aiming. These are generous sights, not like most on small guns that have no use at all. After a little practice I was able to keep 5 Leller & Bellot rounds in a ragged inch at 20 yards.... but that is with a lot of slow concentration and focused aiming from a rest. I wanted to know the gun’s potential. CCI Maxi-Mag Max-V went into 1 and ½ inches. So the accuracy is there. The standard 22 rimfire ammo showed the same promise... though the Aquila did tip slightly at that range"

North American Arms' Black Widow

That's far better than I can do but it's from a rest. I can do pretty well with my 2" .38 special at 25 yards - better than a friend with his Glock 22.

I carry the .22lr Mini everywhere I go as a last resort, "get off me" gun and really do enjoy it. I do trust it as a last resort weapon before a knife is involved and it's better than fist-fighting. I usually point-shoot at targets ranging from point blank to one(1) yard, trying to perfect the draw from the front pocket and get the five shots off as quickly as I can. If you're feeling lucky, do it... just practice with the pistol often.

I carry the .22lr Mini everywhere I go as a last resort, "get off me" gun and really do enjoy it. I do trust it as a last resort weapon before a knife is involved and it's better than fist-fighting. I usually point-shoot at targets ranging from point blank to one(1) yard, trying to perfect the draw from the front pocket and get the five shots off as quickly as I can. If you're feeling lucky, do it... just practice with the pistol often.

My point exactly. As a last resort after someone is "in your bubble" it is perfect. As a BUG it is good as well. I had mine loaded with snake shot for hunting when I actually carried it. For a "this is what I plan to carry to defend myself" gun? Not a great choice IMHO.
-
Regarding accuracy, to the smart-ass who posted earlier, There is a difference between a regular snubby revolver and an NAA mini. There is not just the <2" barrel, there is no handle to speak of, there is no rear sight, and it is single action only. You put 5 rounds through a paper plate at 25yds in a "self defense" scenario (i.e. not taking careful aim, breath control, resting between shots etc.) and I'll give you a shiny new penny.

Regarding accuracy, to the smart-ass who posted earlier, There is a difference between a regular snubby revolver and an NAA mini. There is not just the <2" barrel, there is no handle to speak of, there is no rear sight, and it is single action only. You put 5 rounds through a paper plate at 25yds in a "self defense" scenario (i.e. not taking careful aim, breath control, resting between shots etc.) and I'll give you a shiny new penny.

Your shiny new penny is clearly worth far more than your opinions.

Look up the Black Widow. It'd be easier than posting stupidity. The thing has a good grip, real front and rear sights, and is easy to handle. And shoot. And hit your target.

Or you could just click on my link above but I guess you're too lazy to scroll and click before you post.

Your shiny new penny is clearly worth far more than your opinions.

Look up the Black Widow. I did before, after your first post. It'd be easier than posting stupidity. The thing has a good grip, real front and rear sights, and is easy to handle. Re-read my post where I said NAA mini not black widow. And shoot. And hit your target.

Or you could just click on my link above but I guess you're too lazy to scroll and click before you post.

Get over yourself. Bet still stands, 5 rounds +/- 10 seconds, 15-20 yds, 8" paper plate.

My point exactly. As a last resort after someone is "in your bubble" it is perfect. As a BUG it is good as well. I had mine loaded with snake shot for hunting when I actually carried it. For a "this is what I plan to carry to defend myself" gun? Not a great choice IMHO.
-
NO EFFING CHIT SHERLOCK!!!! BUT we arent talking about the NAA mini......... get a clue and read the posts BEFORE COMMENTING and you wont look so ignorant. We have always IN THIS THREAD BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE Black Widow, and YOU YOURSELF actually acknowledged it and then went back to WHAT WE ARENT TALKING ABOUT.....

Get over yourself. Bet still stands, 5 rounds +/- 10 seconds, 15-20 yds, 8" paper plate.
How about YOU getting YOUR HEAD out of the stinkie place and start talking about the same firearm that the rest of us are, that or stay the heck off this thread....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back