N82 Professional VS Original Tuckable

yippeekiyay20

I have an M&P Shield and I am looking for a tuckable holster. I've been looking at the N82 series.

Does anyone have a preference between the Professional model and the Tuckable model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the design difference I would recommend the Pro model with the kydex shape. This would make re-holstering much easier since it holds the shape open for the gun.

If you are still open to suggestions, look at Alien Gear holsters. With 2 clips the holster is more stable in the waistband. It allows greater adjustability in angle, gun height and pressure on gun fit. They also offer a lifetime kydex form exchange if you change guns in the future. No need to buy a new holster. I've had mine since I got my Shield and it is comfortable and very well built. It is also lower priced than the N82 holster. I feel it is a better choice for the Shield.

I got the professional. I love that it has a layer between me and the gun butt so I don't have to wear an undergarment for comfort.

I have two N 82 tactical IWB holsters for a 1911 4.5", and for a Springfield XDM, they are by far, the most comfortable holster I have tried. I have tried several, including the Cross Breed Super Tuck Delux.

I have the Pro holster for a Ruger SR9c and it is one great holster. Comfortable, good retention, and because you have to give it a twist as you draw it stops anyone from taking your gun. The carbonite they use is MUCH better than Kydex.
:triniti:

I really, REALLY like the tuckable,,,,BUT,,, I have an XDS with a Viridian C5L-R and the holster keeps pressing the button and turning the laser/tactical light on. :-(
Not too happy with going through batteries!! I wish there was a small switch to disable the on/off buttons when need be. Or N82 would make a Professional for my combo. Not sure what to do about this.

I use the N82 professional with my XDS and it's really comfortable. I saw a quote somewhere, maybe on their site, of someone saying they could take a nap wearing this holster. I have, haha, it's very comfy. The retention bump in the trigger guard took me a lot of getting used to. I did some quick draw practice around the house and many times I found I couldn't get the gun out on the first try. The problem for me is the gun sits so tight against my body that driving my thumb in to turn the grip inward causes either a cut or some unpleasant chaffing of my hand. I'm sure it's just going to take more practice - by far the most comfortable holster I have. I do wish they supported a wider range of pistols, though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back