My new G43!!

m.ritz

I just picked up my new Glock 43 today! I had placed a deposit on it within a week of Glock's announcement. I was entertaining the idea of picking up another Kahr PM9, which I'd owned and sold before. I loved it, but sold to get a G19. I missed it, particularly for the size. Then Glock announced this little gem, so I couldn't resist. I mean, I LOVE Glocks. This G43 arrived at the dealer much sooner than I'd expected, so I almost had to pass because I didn't yet have the extra money. I decided to throw it on credit, and if I really loved it that much, I could sell its big brother to pay it off. I haven't shot it yet, but looking at it and holding it, I can't believe it's actually a Glock! It looks like 1, in that the features are identical, but it is right there with the rest of the micro pistols on the market, which I'm just not used to from Glock. Don't get me wrong, my Kahr P380 is about as small as it gets, and this doesn't even compare, but it's right there with the Shield, LCP, and the likes. For Glock, it's tiny! It doesn't feel like a Glock to hold because of the size, but it's characteristics are definitely Glock. It's very comfortable to those used to single stack pistols, but takes getting used to for a Glock lover. I'm both, so getting used to it didn't take long. I love it already, having not even shot it yet! I'm stoked! I'll follow up after shooting it to let y'all know what I think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

Go on YouTube and look for the Hickok45 video on the G43, he shows a comparison to the PM9 and a few others. It's almost identical in width, very close in height, and about 3/4" longer than the PM9 though.

I just went out back and put 25 rounds through it, 13 Federal American Eagle 124gr. fmj's, 6 Federal HST 124gr., and 6 Speer Gold Dot 124gr. +p. No issues at all. Seems as accurate and consistent as you'd expect from Glock. It was a little snappy, as I expected being a small, single stack 9mm. It felt very comparable to my Kahr PM9 when I first shot that. My PM9 got softer shooting as it started nearing the 1,000 round mark, so I expect this will also. It was only a bit snappy though, not bad at all, and still controllable. Overall, it's what I expected, and I love it!!

I just went out back and put 25 rounds through it, 13 Federal American Eagle 124gr. fmj's, 6 Federal HST 124gr., and 6 Speer Gold Dot 124gr. +p. No issues at all. Seems as accurate and consistent as you'd expect from Glock. It was a little snappy, as I expected being a small, single stack 9mm. It felt very comparable to my Kahr PM9 when I first shot that. My PM9 got softer shooting as it started nearing the 1,000 round mark, so I expect this will also. It was only a bit snappy though, not bad at all, and still controllable. Overall, it's what I expected, and I love it!!

I picked up a new Glock 43 this afternoon. Won't be doing any shooting until the temp drops below 100 deg., around the end of October.

Arizona sets great examples (Giffords notwithstanding) for RTKBA. I've several friends who live in Scottsdale, Mesa and Phoenix proper. I admire Sheriff Joe, altho he might not be perfect. I just can't abide the heat. In college I spent spring break working about 40 miles south of Phoenix on a mission digging a septic tank hole and repairing the roof of the chapel. It was hot in April! I ended up in the Southeast for the last 40 years and love spring, fall and winter. I like the 84 degrees today and will like 75 better. The temps set a record here staying above 90 for over three weeks.

Last Wednesday I finally went to the farm to shoot again. It was 88 with only 55% humidity so not enough to keep me away.. I shot with my friend who brought his new G30 and a G27. I brought my PM45 and Neos. We went thru 100+ rounds of .45 between us. I like the G30 and can hit the target OK but do better with my PM45 because I practice with it and my P345. The Neos is for fun, usually shooting at hanging golf balls. This time I shot a couple golf balls that had fallen to the ground with the 27. Also a 12 ga empty shell. I also plowed the ground around one of the golf balls but finally blew it away. Emptied the mag but hit all three. Not interested in buying one though.

If I ever decide to buy a 9mm I might consider the G43 but also like the LC9s very much. Since I EDC .45 I'd probably go with a 9 mm full size. I still wouldn't like to shoot in temps above 92 though.��

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back