My Latest Article (today) In Ammoland

Enjoyed your article. I have been thinking about picking up a .45, though the one I've really been considering is the Ruger SR series.

Enjoyed the read as well, I own two 1911's and really like shooting them. The .45 acp round is by far my favorite round. I have to admit though the 1911's are kind of big and heavy and it takes some getting used to IMO. Typically I won't CC a 1911 in the summer because I am worried about printing. Recently picked up a G36 which has replaced my ED Carry G26. Can CC fine in summer attire and it's .45. Some have mentioned to me they would rather have maximum round capacity, I say for me I need only one shot. OK if I am stressed maybe three. The .45 acp makes a big ole hole in whatever it hits. I grew up in West Palm Beach, many a bullets shot into the canal banks in the Acreage in the late 70's and 80's. Good Times with Dad.

Enjoyed the read as well, I own two 1911's and really like shooting them. The .45 acp round is by far my favorite round. I have to admit though the 1911's are kind of big and heavy and it takes some getting used to IMO. Typically I won't CC a 1911 in the summer because I am worried about printing. Recently picked up a G36 which has replaced my ED Carry G26. Can CC fine in summer attire and it's .45. Some have mentioned to me they would rather have maximum round capacity, I say for me I need only one shot. OK if I am stressed maybe three. The .45 acp makes a big ole hole in whatever it hits. I grew up in West Palm Beach, many a bullets shot into the canal banks in the Acreage in the late 70's and 80's. Good Times with Dad.
Bill, have you looked at a compact 1911, I have a Colt Defender and a Kimber Ultra cdpii, both in 45acp I don't really worry about concealing as I open carry, but that little Kimber looks like it would conceal fine

I don't open carry because of my job. Keep in concealed, only our pro gun GC's know, Two of them. I am absolutely with you on the Colt Defender, Not certain about the Kimber Ultra though, I 've got a Kimber HD Pro.....not a fan of how it breaks down. Accurate as crap though. But damn it I like a .45.

Howdy Bob,

Great article!!

I carried a full size steel frame 1911 for over 24 years as my EDC. Nowadays I carry a G23 but I still carry my old 1911 once or twice a month.

Lately I've been looking for a new 1911 for an EDC and was thinking of something with an Officer's frame and a Commander length slide. I might just build one.

I agree that even a full size 1911 is easy to conceal because they are thin and flat.

John Browning must have had hands that are identical to mine just a 1911, especially the A1 models fit my hand perfectly.

I have used a 1911 for IDPA, IPSC, steel plates, hunting ( I've killed one whitetail buck, a couple of javalinas and several coyotes ), and carried one as a civilian, while in the military and as a State and Fed Gov't employee and contractor.

I love the 1911 and wish I had an entire safe full of them.

Paul

One of the 1911ish guns I've also been looking at is the Sig p238. I'm not sure though... it might be a bit too small for my hand. Looks cool though. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back