My favorite holsters

Andrew49417

After about a year of owning handguns and getting the concealed carry "bug," I have narrowed down my favorite holsters of those I own, listed below in order of concealment:

Link Removed
Link Removed

1. SmartCarry - A medium-sized unit can conceal two compact firearms, with the added benefit of simply appearing like you have a larger "package." "Is that a gun in your pocket, or..."

2. Hunter Back-Pocket Holster. It looks like a wallet. I have carried my LCP every day in this holster for a long time. My girl didn't know about it for 6 months until she smacked me on the butt one day and bruised her thumb. OOPS. I also made a "copy" of the Hunter holster from deerskin for a bit larger pistol.

3. Vega Holsters - IB330 for LCP and IB331 for Kahr, KelTec, and Ruger - sized 9mm pistols respectively. They have a really good belt clip that keeps them from falling out and it can be moved to the opposite side for left-handed shooters.

4. Fobus Belt Holster KTP ND. It is great for my LCP. I ordered the version for the 9mm, also. This one is fine when you're wearing a jacket or loose shirt. Use in cooler weather.

Others:

If you want to go CHEAP, get an Uncle Mike's size 2 - LCP, size 3 - 9mm. Remove a couple stitches for the LCP on the size 2.

More expensive - Most Pancake Holsters are great. I have one for my 1911 .45ACP. Again, use them in cooler weather only because you'll need a larger shirt or jacket to cover it.

This list is by no means complete. It simply lists my favorites of the many I own.

Andrew

I carry usually IWB with all my pistols. I just got a new holster from Old Faithful Holsters for my new 1911. It seems to be better constructed than the SuperTuck of Crossbreed which I use for my XDm. It is also more comfortable than the SuperTuck. I carried the 1911 all day and didn't even notice that is was with me. For my FNP-45 Tactical with Trijicon RM07 I used an IWB made by BladeTech. They are the only one to offer a holster for that pistol. I also have an IWB for my Beretta Nano.

I have used IWB, OWB and ankle holsters from Uncle Mike's, Galco, Desantis just to name a few, and the most comfortable holster I have found for IWB ( 3-4 o'clock) has been the PJHolster. Lead time is about 3 weeks and the price is right, right around $50. I have ordered one for each of my handguns.

I carry a full size M&P 40. I use only Blackhawks owb with a long t-shirt or tank top with never a problem. I also use a Blackhawk ankle holster.

My favorite type of carry holster. Button snap retention, high ride belt slide. Shown here with a Star BM but would fit most 1911's also.

I carry usually IWB with all my pistols. I just got a new holster from Old Faithful Holsters for my new 1911. It seems to be better constructed than the SuperTuck of Crossbreed which I use for my XDm. It is also more comfortable than the SuperTuck. I carried the 1911 all day and didn't even notice that is was with me. For my FNP-45 Tactical with Trijicon RM07 I used an IWB made by BladeTech. They are the only one to offer a holster for that pistol. I also have an IWB for my Beretta Nano.

I agree that Old Faithful is of better quality than Crossbreed. I own both and I was comparing them yesterday. Noticed differences in favor of Old Faithful are: slightly thicker kydex, thicker leather, cleaner finished edges, overall better quality leather. And the number one reason I originally bought an old faithful was price. Under $50 including delivery gets you thier stage 3 kit. Just take 10 minutes to put it together and you're good to go.

Haha. Not a stupid question. You can't "just unzip." You have to unbuckle and push it up out of the way. Not much additional effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back