My day at the range

hogwylde

I went to the range to continue further testing my issue with the magazine dropping (all was well) when another shooter asked about my LC9 and how he liked them. We were chit chatting and since I was "off", I asked if he would like to shoot my gun (so I could see if my missing was the gun or me) and he obliged. He's a better shooter than me and although I was WAY off.....he was off too. He then offered his Beretta 9mm and I was all over the Bull's Eye! What a fantastic trigger it had!

In this 1st picture, what ever "way missed" the target (low and left) is mine with my LC9. The next grouping in the black (still low and left and the "yellow shots") is him with my LC9 and then all the bull's eye shots are me with his Beretta.....and it was sweet especially the trigger.

After realizing it wasn't my shooting style that was causing my misses, I noticed that the front sight was off to the right. I came home and readjusted the sight and went back to the range with much better results with my own gun! Now I just have to keep practicing, practicing, practicing!

First pic shows you were pushing the trigger. Second pic is better but your grouping needs still to be adjusted.
My first shot using my carry weapon is about 1" to right of center and 1" lower. I shoot a .45 MIL-SPEC which is a L/handed twist on the rifling. Second round without adjusting is dead center. JUST were I want it. If ya think about it, shooting center mass, being 1" low and 1" left on CM is a deadly as the second round. Which is usually .25 sec behind the first round. I always shoot in two round busts. (Some call it double tap). Been training like that since the early seventies.

The fact that the groups were good means you should just have to zero the sights. LC9 can be adjusted easily.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back