My daughter finally gets to carry!

NavyLCDR

My daughter will be excited. She's attended a lot of open carry events with us and has always been frustrated that she can't normally carry in Washington until she is 21. She is 18 now. We are taking a summer trip in two weeks through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. As soon as we cross the Washington border into Idaho she will be legally able to open carry in all the other states we will be visiting. I haven't told her yet ;-). This weekend we'll do a safety review regarding holstering/unholstering/loading/unloading/what to do in the bathroom, etc.

We are taking three guns: Navy 1851 revolver, Taurus Millennium Pro .45 (Black and Stainless Slide), and Taurus TCP .380 (Pink and Black Slide). I suspect she will probably want to carry the .45 and I'll be carrying my Navy revolver or the Pink .380 :) or both.

So are you going to pull over as soon as you cross the state line and let her strap one on?
You will look simply divine packing that Taurus TCP .380 (Pink and Black Slide). ;)

So are you going to pull over as soon as you cross the state line and let her strap one on?

Absolutely!

You will look simply divine packing that Taurus TCP .380 (Pink and Black Slide). ;)

Well, the way I figure it, while the bad guy is staring at the pink gun and doubling over with laughter, I'll put a couple .451 lead balls in him and use the smoke from the black powder to screen our getaway.

My Son Finally Gets to Carry!

My daughter will be excited. She's attended a lot of open carry events with us and has always been frustrated that she can't normally carry in Washington until she is 21. She is 18 now. We are taking a summer trip in two weeks through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. As soon as we cross the Washington border into Idaho she will be legally able to open carry in all the other states we will be visiting. I haven't told her yet ;-). This weekend we'll do a safety review regarding holstering/unholstering/loading/unloading/what to do in the bathroom, etc.

We are taking three guns: Navy 1851 revolver, Taurus Millennium Pro .45 (Black and Stainless Slide), and Taurus TCP .380 (Pink and Black Slide). I suspect she will probably want to carry the .45 and I'll be carrying my Navy revolver or the Pink .380 :) or both.

Congrats! I share your felling of anticipation. I have similar plans for July.

My 18 year old son and I plan to visit Tucson, AZ, during the last week of July, 2015, to fly rockets Link Removed. When we cross the Texas/NM border, I'll untuck my shirt to let my .45 breathe. When we cross the AZ/NM border, we'll stop so my son can holster my BTA-90. We'll stay that we as much as we can. Come 1/1/16, I'll be doing the same back home in Texas!

O. Lee James, III
CPT, US Army (Retired) Field Artillery

Congrats! I share your felling of anticipation. I have similar plans for July.

My 18 year old son and I plan to visit Tucson, AZ, during the last week of July, 2015, to fly rockets Link Removed. When we cross the Texas/NM border, I'll untuck my shirt to let my .45 breathe. When we cross the AZ/NM border, we'll stop so my son can holster my BTA-90. We'll stay that we as much as we can. Come 1/1/16, I'll be doing the same back home in Texas!

O. Lee James, III
CPT, US Army (Retired) Field Artillery

Is your son in the military? I am under the understanding that you have to be 21 to carry a pistol in Texas unless 18 while serving in the military. I didn't read anywhere that open carry passing changed the legal age. Please let me know if I am wrong.

One of my Granddaughters turns 21 on July 2. She took the CC course Sat and the instructor is submitting the paperwork today. Should get the permit in2-3 weeks. She doesn't know it yet, but she is getting a S&W shield for her b'day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back