Moving to SC from Ohio

mcfd155

Hello everyone, new to the forum, did a quick search but couldn't find anything on this. Looking for some information on getting my South Carolina CCW. I currently have a valid Ohio CCW and am moving to SC in a few weeks. As far as I know as soon as I change my residency my Ohio CCW is no longer valid, so...

Is there an kind of way for me to "transfer" my CCW (of course after paperwork/fees)? When I did my required 12hr NRA class in Ohio it was required to say on it that it had met Ohio law, does SC require anything like that or can I use that same certificate? (It was within the past year). Any info, links, or advice would definitely help as the laws are a little hard to navigate.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a "transfer." You will need to apply for a new permit in SC. Some of your training may qualify toward the SC training requirements, if taken within the past 3 years.

I would recommend this site as a starting point, then visit the referenced links for additional information on applying:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf

But also note that if you are an NRA instructor, currently in the military, or meet one of several other criteria, you do NOT need additional training. The link I provided covers all of that information.

Thanks for the info, that's what I was wondering/trying to find. I knew some states such as Kentucky basically allow you to surrender your card from a different state then with a new background and fees (of course) they give you a kentucky, didn't know if SC did that. Oh well at least it's an excuse to talk guns and throw some lead down range. Thanks again for the help.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back