Moving out of state question?

Psyk00diver

It looks like i may be moving out of Northern GA, for a job. I have a vaild GA CCW permit, will it still be vaild in the state i move to? The other state recinizes the Ga permit, but i will no longer be a resident of GA, so does my permit become revoked?

thank you for any help in answering this question.

In a quick scan of the GA statutes 16-11-129, I don't see where you have to inform GA of a change of address. Since GA does not issue to non-residents if you do inform of change of address they could potentially revoke it...but since it is not required to let them know...

...unless somebody else does find the requirement...

Most states that honour the CWP of another state do so on the condition that permit is a RESIDENT permit. If you move from Georgia, you will no longer be a Georgian... thus your new state might not recognise your Georgia permit.

You should definitely get a new resident permit in the new state in which you will be residing. Not only to assure you are safe and legal in your new state, but in the event you travel to any OTHER state.... nealry every state that does recognise out of state permits does so on the condition they are RESIDENT permits. Thus, if you no longer reside in Georgia, and are travelling in Kentucky with some other state's driving license and number plates on your car, your permit will NOT be recognised in Kentucky which only honours RESIDENT permits from other states. Your Georgia permit will no longer be your RESIDENT permit.

Get it right, the risks of getting into knee deep shark-infested water is too great... who knows, you could end up being charged with a felony for carrying concealed without a proper permit in some other state..... no more guns for you, and not much money, as most of what you have will get swallowed up in the endless whirlpool of courts and lawyers.

Before you leave Kaintuck, see what might be done to promote their laws getting changed to actually issue non-resident permits... and if it costs your Georgia resident permit to move, oh well... find out if you can carry open in Georgia (I rather think you can....) the trouble with moving is, you are MOVING.... shifting residence to another state.

Won't it be grand when the "infringements' on our 2A rights get removed? Who needs a Mother May I permit anyway when the 2nd Ammendment guarantees our right to keep and bear.... UNINFRINGED. Until then, dot your "I"'s and cross your "T"'s.... the price to fail in this regard remains unacceptibly high.

Most states that honour the CWP of another state do so on the condition that permit is a RESIDENT permit. If you move from Georgia, you will no longer be a Georgian... thus your new state might not recognise your Georgia permit.

You should definitely get a new resident permit in the new state in which you will be residing. Not only to assure you are safe and legal in your new state, but in the event you travel to any OTHER state.... nealry every state that does recognise out of state permits does so on the condition they are RESIDENT permits. Thus, if you no longer reside in Georgia, and are travelling in Kentucky with some other state's driving license and number plates on your car, your permit will NOT be recognised in Kentucky which only honours RESIDENT permits from other states. Your Georgia permit will no longer be your RESIDENT permit.

Get it right, the risks of getting into knee deep shark-infested water is too great... who knows, you could end up being charged with a felony for carrying concealed without a proper permit in some other state..... no more guns for you, and not much money, as most of what you have will get swallowed up in the endless whirlpool of courts and lawyers.

Before you leave Kaintuck, see what might be done to promote their laws getting changed to actually issue non-resident permits... and if it costs your Georgia resident permit to move, oh well... find out if you can carry open in Georgia (I rather think you can....) the trouble with moving is, you are MOVING.... shifting residence to another state.

Not true. there are only 6 states that require you to be a resident of the states that they recognize. CO, FL, ME, MI, NH and SC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back