Misdemeanor for not updating CCP address?

shaggybill

Two months ago I made a school-related move from Spartanburg to Rock Hill. I quickly became bogged down in my studying and pretty much forgot about anything gun related, left my gun in the drawer, and never carried. I just now looked up information for renewing my address on my CCP and the renewal form says that if you don't renew within 10 days of a change of address, it's a misdemeanor. Now my background knowledge of criminal offenses is pretty weak, but with the line of work I'm going into, a misdemeanor (as I understand, anyways) it is a pretty big deal. Is this something that will go on my record? Or is this more like a traffic ticket? How serious is this exactly?

Just send SLED your change of address. I really don't believe it asks WHEN or HOW LONG you've resided at your new residence. This would only be an issue if you get stopped for some reason in Rock Hill and you're caught for not up dating your permit. JMHO

Thanks for the reply. You're right, there isn't anywhere that they ask for dates on the application. For some reason I was thinking that my driver's license had the issue date for when I renewed it when I moved, and was concerned that the two month lag might get my application flagged, but it's still the original date from long ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back