Minnesota resident; Utah permit

tehpwnag3

Hello all!

I recently moved to MN from Wisconsin, and now I am a resident. I hold a non-resident carry permit from Utah. When going through the process of acquiring a Permit to Purchase, the gal at the Sheriff's Office had said that all her husband carries with is a Utah non-resident, and that I should be good with that for carrying in the state of MN. Purchasing a gun is another matter. So...

Minnesota resident using a Utah non-resident permit GTG?

My understanding was that being a Wisconsin resident with a Utah permit made it legal to carry in MN, but living in MN would require the actual state permit.

Thanks for advice!

I moved to Oklahoma from Indiana and used my Utah and Arizona because I had to give up my Indiana lifetime lic. until my Oklahoma came in. I got my address changed on my Utah to match my address here in OK before I got my Drivers lic.

This is from Utah permit application:

NON-RESIDENT PROOF OF PERMIT
If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states visit: Link Removed Residency will be determined by your state-issued identification. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

If I remember correctly, you have one year to obtain a permit from your home state. Otherwise, the Utah permit is invalid.

You should probably pose your question to the folks in Utah.
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back