Minnesota County Issues

buckslayer

I've got a question for some of the other instructors out there, and more specifically Minnesota instructors if possible.

I've been teaching classes for a few years without any issue what so ever, but today I was called by a gentleman from Sherbern County because they (the county) didn't like the "look" of my certificate that has been approved by the DPS, and has been used for several years to include Sherbern County residents. Can a county deny what has been approved by the DPS because they feel like it?

Per the MN statute, you just need to provide your students with a signed certificate stating that they successfully completed training in the safe use of a pistol by a certified instructor within one year, so make sure it is dated and I suggest you include your NRA instructor #. It should list that the basic training included: fundamentals of pistol use, successful completion of shooting qualification preformed and instruction in legal aspects of pistol possession, carry and use including self defense and use of deadly force.

As long as you sign that they completed your course and have been approved by the DPS your good :)

I've got a question for some of the other instructors out there, and more specifically Minnesota instructors if possible.

I've been teaching classes for a few years without any issue what so ever, but today I was called by a gentleman from Sherbern County because they (the county) didn't like the "look" of my certificate that has been approved by the DPS, and has been used for several years to include Sherbern County residents. Can a county deny what has been approved by the DPS because they feel like it?

I'm surprised that it wasn't Hennepin Or St. Louis county that pulled that. Maybe put the words "DPS Approved" somewhere on them in the future?

Huh I have this post marked to email me from a response but I never received one... Oh well.

I do have my NRA credentials listed on there, along with DPS approved instructor. Plus I have never had any issues at all since I first started teaching several years back.

Huh I have this post marked to email me from a response but I never received one... Oh well.

I do have my NRA credentials listed on there, along with DPS approved instructor. Plus I have never had any issues at all since I first started teaching several years back.

Then leave it the way it is, Sherburne County may not like the "look" but too bad, they cannot deny it as it meets all requirements per the state and DPS.

Then leave it the way it is, Sherburne County may not like the "look" but too bad, they cannot deny it as it meets all requirements per the state and DPS.

Then I leave the customer P'd off because of getting denied by the county over something they shouldn't have any issues accepting in the first place and have the potential of having one bad review in my extremely good training history... I know it's not technically my fault, but still I don't like seeing someone get screwed over by a county, and I really don't like seeing my "name" get tarnished by even one negative event that shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back