Michigan reciprocity

Cbro

Hi, I am a Hawaii resident who lives in Michigan during the summer. I am looking to get a CCW permit, but Michigan doesn't allow non residents to get a Michigan CCW permit. I was told that I could get a non resident permit that is honored by Michigan, but after doing some research it seems that this isn't possible, as I haven't been able to find a state that Michigan honors. Is this the case? Does anyone have any information on whether or not it would be possible for me to get a non resident permit that is honored in Michigan?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

"Michigan's concealed pistol law expressly recognizes permits issued by other states to its residents." Link Removed See paragraph 12a.1(h).

Source: Link Removed

Hi, I am a Hawaii resident who lives in Michigan during the summer. I am looking to get a CCW permit, but Michigan doesn't allow non residents to get a Michigan CCW permit. I was told that I could get a non resident permit that is honored by Michigan, but after doing some research it seems that this isn't possible, as I haven't been able to find a state that Michigan honors. Is this the case? Does anyone have any information on whether or not it would be possible for me to get a non resident permit that is honored in Michigan?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

This is a quote from a document found at handgunlaw.us
Michigan Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in Michigan.

Sorry, sounds like you're out of luck unless you can change residency.

Regards,
Brian

There are, I believe, 11 states whose permits Michigan does not honor and, unfortunately, HI is one of them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back