Michigan concealed carry safety course exceptions?

g3ride69

The only training exception I can find for the Michigan safety course... is for "retired police officers".

My previous 4 State concealed permits or my 9 years Active Duty in the Marine Corps... still require me to take the MI. course?

I am a new Michigan Resident (joined USMC from MI. but just moved back) looking to get my first concealed carry permit in the state.

Any Info is appreciated!
Randall

Hi Randall,
Yep, you'll still have to take it. Makes no sense, but that's the way it is in Michigan. I'm an instructor in Warren, if you're interested in a class, email me at [email protected] or check us out at concealedindetroit.com We are also in the USA Carry Directory of instructors. Funny story, I had to provide a class for an active duty Navy Seal a while back. In truth, he taught me most of the day. That's Michigan for ya. LOL

I'm a Member Of the NRA& RSO Cert. and being that you do have a permit from another State? They will/should wave the 6 month Residence, also you bring to the class a DD-214 and that will allow you a pass on the shooting Req...

SEALs are the most highly trained men! I find it ridiculous that they had to go through the course. Well, maybe a short course about just MI law, but not every part.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back