>Man kills suspected burglar, then learns it's his own teenage son.<

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~

NEW FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- During what appeared to be an attempted late-night burglary, a man fatally shot a masked teenager in apparent self-defense outside his sister's house and then discovered it was his son, state police said.
Police said 15-year-old Tyler Giuliano was shot at about 1 a.m. on Thursday in New Fairfield, a town just north of Danbury.
The shooter's sister was alone in her house when she believed someone was breaking in. She called her brother, who lives next door, and he grabbed a gun and went outside to investigate, police said.
The father confronted someone wearing a black ski mask and black clothing and then fired his gun when the person went at him with a shiny weapon in his hand, police said.

Police: Connecticut man kills suspected burglar, then learns it's his teenage son - U.S. News

My deepest sympathy to all involved. As bad as it is though, this is only another reminder that actions have consequences.

It is sad to say but the man had his right to shoot! Now why the son was in black clothing any black ski mask with a weapon beats me,It's plain stupidity! Unless the kid came home from Robbing people I see no point in being dressed up like that with a weapon on your own property, Unless you're going to kill someone And the father interrupted it!

&gt;Man kills suspected burglar, then learns it's his own teenage son.&lt;

Unfortunately justified or not he will face charges in the state of CT. The state has a duty to retreat. He was not in his home nor even on his property. The prosecutor will assert that he went to the sisters property with the gun with the intent to use it. This makes this case dually tragic.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back