Man Fatally Shot After GPS Takes Him To Wrong House

nogods

Friends: Man Fatally Shot After GPS Takes Him To Wrong House | Charlotte News | Top Stories

Code:
LILBURN, G.A.--Friends of a shooting victim claim the man was killed after his GPS led him to the wrong house.  

Rodrigo Diaz had plans to go ice skating with friends over the weekend.  He allegedly entered one of the friend's addresses into his GPS and drove to a home in Lilburn, Georgia. They waited in the driveway of the home they thought was their friends.  

However, Diaz's friends claim the actual homeowner came outside and fired his .22-caliber handgun in the air and then at Diaz's vehicle.  Diaz was shot in the head and later died.  

The homeowner, Phillip Sailors, told police he thought he was the victim of a home invasion.  Sailors held the other occupants in the car at gunpoint until the police arrived. 

Sailors is facing charges of malice murder.  An attorney for Sailors released this statement, 

“He is very distraught over the loss of life from the defense of his home. This incident happened late in the evening hours when he was home with his wife and he assumed it was a home invasion and he maintains his innocence.”

Imagine how different the results would have been had he stayed inside his house and called 911.

He was released on just $10,000 bail so I'm guessing the judge believes some of his story. Either that or he is the judge's cousin.

Nogood, Next you'll be reporting every bank robbery to us. You are DEFINITELY on the wrong site!

Terrible situation this guy has placed himself in. For starters, be damn certain that the actions you take are the correct ones when using deadly force. Second, if you screw up admit it! He did and a big time screw up at that. He misjudged the situation and took someones life.
I also fail to see at what point he thought he was in danger. A strange car in the drive way doesn't cut it in my book. If I thought someone was about to invade my home I would take a defensive position inside, call 911 and wait for the perps to break down the door or the police to show. If they break down the door then its game on and with a 12ga not a .22. I certainly would not run outside the house leaving my cover/concealment position exposing myself to who knows what. This guy needs some jail time. Won't be long before a wrongful death lawsuit is filed.

I wonder if we're getting all the story. Who in their right mind would shoot someone just sitting in the driveway?

This guy is a complete idiot. Usually a home invasion includes someone actually entering your home. You can't just start shooting at a car because its in your driveway. I've gone to the wrong house trying to deliver a pizza before when I was in highschool. I'm lucky to be alive I guess after reading this story. Maybe Kerb is right though and there is more to the story. On the surface it sounds pretty ridiculous.

This guy is a complete idiot. Usually a home invasion includes someone actually entering your home. You can't just start shooting at a car because its in your driveway. I've gone to the wrong house trying to deliver a pizza before when I was in highschool. I'm lucky to be alive I guess after reading this story. Maybe Kerb is right though and there is more to the story. On the surface it sounds pretty ridiculous.

The fact that was he released on just 10K bail leads me to believe that either the DA or the Judge thinks maybe the charges are not as solid as the arresting officers thought. Maybe there is some inconsistency in what the friends of the victim said about the incident that have now given the prosecutor some pause.

Nogood, Next you'll be reporting every bank robbery to us. You are DEFINITELY on the wrong site!

We can learn from the mistakes of others, or we can learn from our own mistakes. Which do you prefer?

Information about the mistakes others might have made in using (or for that matter not using) their personal defense weapons seems most appropriate for a forum about firearms.

Well, except for those who think they already know everything there is to know about the ownership and use of a firearm.

We can learn from the mistakes of others, or we can learn from our own mistakes. Which do you prefer?

Information about the mistakes others might have made in using (or for that matter not using) their personal defense weapons seems most appropriate for a forum about firearms.

Well, except for those who think they already know everything there is to know about the ownership and use of a firearm.
I S-E-E-E-E-E-E-E.... And you've taken it upon yourself to point out all the mistakes you can find...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back