Man commits suicide at gun-free zone event

nogods

At one of the largest gun-free zone events in the United States this weekend, a man shot himself in the head.

Link Removed
[h=1][/h]

I can’t believe some of the comments in the comment section of this article. No wonder this country is turning into a third world one. The movie "idiocrasy" comes to mind with geniuses like this.

But if it was a gun free zone how is that possible? I am all confused now someone broke a gun law? I need a nap....

I guess that this was another one that did not bother to read the sign.

Good point. We need to post a person next to the sign doing ti in sign language and a person or a tape over a loudspeaker saying it in every language. Just in case the shooter is illiterate or otherwise impaired from grasping the meaning of the sign..

IMHO All this is going to do is is give the gun grabbers more to use in their argument. Unless this person had some type of Mental illness that had been diagnosed it does not help our side.
I understand he was reported to be intoxicated but that is not going to help our defense.
If he was a Legal gun owner and broke the law by bringing a gun into a gun free zone "He" is in the wrong.
We cannot mock this. He may have been one of our own, decided to carry or bring a weapon into an area where none are permitted (As Does Happen from time to time). Then introduced an intoxicant and clear rational thinking went out the window.
This is not funny.

An NRA sponsored race was gun-free???

Yes, because it the event was held in the anti-gun state of Texas, where law abiding citizens cannot carry weapons at sporting events or in hospitals (which, BTW, is allowed in NYS.)

State law prohibits a person from bringing a firearm on the premise where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event is being conducted. Violation of the law is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Zizzo said gates leading into the infield have visible notice signs that state in English and Spanish: "Texas State Law Provides That It Is Unlawful To Carry A Handgun On These Premises."

Admission tickets read on the back that the ticket holder must consent to a reasonable search for drugs, weapons or other prohibited items.

Link Removed

I have been a NASCAR fan for many, many years, and this is the first time I have heard of anything like this happening at one of their races. What keeps popping up in my mind, is the strange irony of this happening at a race sponsored by the NRA, which of course brought a bunch of critisism from the ant gun crowd.
To me, it is just too coincedental.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back