Mailed my application today...a couple of quick follow up's

KCD1974

First, does it really take 90 days?

Second, to clarify, you can't carry into any restaurant that sells alcohol or do you just have to stay out of the bar area?

Any other tips for avoiding breaking the law? I think I've got the basics, as with most states, no schools, court rooms etc. There seems to be no open carry at all correct? Even if while hunting or does that fall into a different category? The state laws as laid out on the web site a presented in a very non-user friendly way. I'm reading through the laws sent out in the application packet but again, they are show the actual law not the "layman's" version.

As always, I appreciate all the help I receive from this site!

app for CCW...

Court houses, schools Etc...every where else should be posted, its your Conceal Carry~you have a choice to shop or shop at these non~Gun friendly shops and store. My opinion is they are advertising for their next armed robbery?? Just sayin

SO what about the "bar" question. I understand don't cary in a bar, but what about restaurants that serve alcohol?

Greetings KCD1974,

Chapter 790, Florida Statues - 790.06 (12) page 8

"any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for the consumption on the premise, which portion
of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose"

So, for example, if you go to a TGI Fridays' Restaurant just sit in the dining area and not at the bar or in the bar area.

Best wishes!

Not sure, mines been mailed for almost a month now and the check still has not cleared the bank, I keep hoping it will not take 90 days. The officer that I did fingerprints with said they were backup up and it may take awhile thou.

My understanding is that it cannot be in the area that sells alcohol only. Correct on no OC in Fla, the hunting I would have to check the statutes on that one, I know quite a few OC while hunting.

I'll have to find that section again, but yea schools, correctional institutes, court rooms and some public lands you can not carry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back