Magpul blows it

Magpul comes around!

"...With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens."

Link Removed

well, I'm glad to see that Magpul at least acknowledges the concern of their pro 2A customers. at the end of the day, all an LEO has to do is "promise" to support the 2A - something they already did when they became cops anyway... and that's worked out so well so far....

I don't really know what else they CAN do... it's not their job. however it only pays lip service to our concerns. it's a nice gesture that ultimately will have no impact on who buys their stuff but at least they're sending the right signal.

I'm glad companies are getting the message that this is important to their customers.

*looks hopefully over at Glock*

My opinion, since most police chiefs are the mayors puppets, if the front line cops can't get the equipment they need then they (police chiefs) may fall inline with a lot of cops that agree to 2nd amendment!

As influential the NRA can be, maybe they should add to their list of anti-gunners, add a section for gun related companies that don't support the 2nd amendment. It will force them to equate their business between LEO and the public, especially since the public might opt to do business with a company that stood with us! Might also make them re-evaluate their position if they see what the extinction of public sales will do to their bottom line!

The Sheriff's in NY are not. They are also pro Constitution. See the below letter they wrote to Cuomo and Sheriffs’ Response to NY SAFE Act:

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back