Magpul blows it

In theory I love the idea of companies saying they will NOT sell to states that are doing bans in any way, however, my thought is that the people making these decisions to ban, the laws, etc, could care less what company will or won't sell to their law enforcement. I would much rather our police have the very best in ALL tools for them to do their job, and go forbid be hurt or killed on the job because a lack there of. (Not that I think it would come to that). I just think the idiots in charge aren't close enough to the street level to understand what it means to have a quality company's product like Magpul, vs. some knockoff magazine, or other products. I'm not turning on Magpul just yet. If you have ever ran a business, you would know the very thought of moving your entire manufacturing facility because of a belief in the 2nd amendment is NO small task. I considered moving a very small printing shop awhile back, and the logistics alone were scary, and this was with bringing only 1 large truck full of equipment, NO employees, no heavy machinery. I think Magpul needs our support, just as they have. They might very well change their mind on this if enough evidence is provided to show it would actually do good for our fight. Hang in there, let's fight the fights we can, and not alienate a great company.

Hmmm, does this mean I can get my Marine stationed in AZ to set up an acct and get me 10?

An account? 10 of what? Arizona? Guess maybe I'm confused as to, well, all of your comment, lol.

Magpul mags aren't illegal. I guess maybe in NY they are, but possession is illegal there, not just purchase. Fill us in.

Hmmm, does this mean I can get my Marine stationed in AZ to set up an acct and get me 10?

My opinion, since most police chiefs are the mayors puppets, if the front line cops can't get the equipment they need then they (police chiefs) may fall inline with a lot of cops that agree to 2nd amendment!

As influential the NRA can be, maybe they should add to their list of anti-gunners, add a section for gun related companies that don't support the 2nd amendment. It will force them to equate their business between LEO and the public, especially since the public might opt to do business with a company that stood with us! Might also make them re-evaluate their position if they see what the extinction of public sales will do to their bottom line!

My guess? Magpul has some "inside" information regarding Colorado's firearms laws. Maybe someone took someone to lunch and said don't worry.
Or
Someone from IRS dropped in and threatened an audit of everyone who carries a Magpul business card.

Pick One.

... I would much rather our police have the very best in ALL tools for them to do their job, and go forbid be hurt or killed on the job because a lack there of.

I agree with this sentiment 100%. The majority of men and women on the frontline side with 2A. It's the politically appointed hacks over them we need to watch out for. In my state the urban police (not sheriffs) chiefs got behind the recent house measures to ban anything they could get away with.

To me companies have their heart in the right place. Instead of saying nothing, they took a stand. It may end up being the same decision we'll have to take ourselves. Die or concede...

I agree with this sentiment 100%. The majority of men and women on the frontline side with 2A. It's the politically appointed hacks over them we need to watch out for. In my state the urban police (not sheriffs) chiefs got behind the recent house measures to ban anything they could get away with.

To me companies have their heart in the right place. Instead of saying nothing, they took a stand. It may end up being the same decision we'll have to take ourselves. Die or concede...

although many of them SAY they side with pro-2A crowd, their JOB is to enforce anti-2A laws. How many of them are going to give up their fat paychecks, life-long pensions, union protection, and exemptions from the law to side with us? Who's going to walk away from their generous paychecks and pensions and put their whole family's future wellbeing on the line when the boss says "ok, today we start going door to door and confiscating"....or even at a rountine traffic stop when they find "undocumented personal defense device" (I refuse to call a gun "illegal") in the hands of citizens who have no intentions other than self defense and there's a dashboard camera recording the whole thing?

If cops in ban states were REALLY pro-2A, they would refuse to enforce the law and put their jobs on the line to oppose it.

I'm just going to say that Magpul is standing on the sidelines.

Magpul is looking at the competition and at itself...I'm sure that the mayority of the income from the selling magpul products is comming from the selling to LEO and MIL... you cut the cash cow and move your business is basically putting nails in MAGPUL's coffin.

Money talks for Magpul. Survival even if it is at the cost of oppression. Think about it. Magpul is still going to be making money if they sell to the goverment...much more than if they sell to the general public. It is all numbers.

Yes they have a good product, but there are other product like it that do the same or better job. We used GI mags even before there was a single Magpul polymer mag...it can be done again.

armalite was the first M16 provider for the goverment after Colt was not able to supply them..that is why Armalite became its own company...they started subcontracting to Colt and then broke off due to volume.

They have huge ties with the goverment and they cannot break off without the risk of destroying the both companies.

I'm a business owner and I'm going to take a stand. no Magpul in my classes...Maybe I will not make a dent..but I'm making my stand.

There was nothing in that statement that indicated that they will not still move their operation to another state should the Hi Cap ban pass. It only states that they will continue to sell to LEO's. If they move out of state they will pretty much crush the plastics mfg. in Colorado whom they buy 10's of milllions of dollars of parts from. Gov. Hickenlooper knows this.

There was nothing in that statement that indicated that they will not still move their operation to another state should the Hi Cap ban pass. It only states that they will continue to sell to LEO's. If they move out of state they will pretty much crush the plastics mfg. in Colorado whom they buy 10's of milllions of dollars of parts from. Gov. Hickenlooper knows this.

Yup. They'll move because it will be illegal to manufacture or sell their product in Colorado so they'll move to another state and continue to supply the very people who instituted the ban and enforce it on their citizens.

Decisions to either sell or not sell a product are solely based on profitability of the decision being made. After all they are a business and their purpose is to make money, it just happens that their products cater to the gun industry.

A decision to not sell a product to one sector of the populace is a fine example of discrimination. (Wonder how everyone would feel if Frito-Lay decided it was not going to sell to gas station convenience stores? Yeah, I know, you don't eat Fritos.)

Consider the amount of business GAIN these denial companies are going to make from their decision. Does anyone think that Joe P Gunowner is going to be in the financial position to run right out and buy what ever it is these companies are no longer selling to LEO/states? Do you think these companies will be able to stay afloat in the dog eat dog business world that exists right now. In this economy?

The gesture of the owners of private businesses to not sell to LEO's in the offending states will last until their profits are driving them into the poor house. When they see that their direct competitor is raking in profits that they could have a bite of, their tunes will change.

I applaud Magpul for not being a mindless sheep, much like the hysterical hoplophobes in the "jump on the wagon" anti crowd. All the "We won't sell to so and so because of such and such!" are no better than the hysterical left screaming "Get the guns!" after every gun related incident.

[highlight]Decisions to either sell or not sell a product are solely based on profitability of the decision being made[/highlight]. After all they are a business and their purpose is to make money, it just happens that their products cater to the gun industry.

A decision to not sell a product to one sector of the populace is a fine example of discrimination. (Wonder how everyone would feel if Frito-Lay decided it was not going to sell to gas station convenience stores? Yeah, I know, you don't eat Fritos.)

Consider the amount of business GAIN these denial companies are going to make from their decision. Does anyone think that Joe P Gunowner is going to be in the financial position to run right out and buy what ever it is these companies are no longer selling to LEO/states? Do you think these companies will be able to stay afloat in the dog eat dog business world that exists right now. In this economy?

The gesture of the owners of private businesses to not sell to LEO's in the offending states will last until their profits are driving them into the poor house. When they see that their direct competitor is raking in profits that they could have a bite of, their tunes will change.

[highlight]I applaud Magpul for not being a mindless sheep, much like the hysterical hoplophobes in the "jump on the wagon" anti crowd. All the "We won't sell to so and so because of such and such!" are no better than the hysterical left screaming "Get the guns!" after every gun related incident.[/highlight]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[highlight]To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.[/highlight]
Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

you should pay more attention to your own sig. at least I'd think you'd have a better opinion of companies and people who follow the principles you yourself go out of your way to lead people to think you support.

Magpul comes around!

"...With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens."

Link Removed

In theory I love the idea of companies saying they will NOT sell to states that are doing bans in any way, however, my thought is that the people making these decisions to ban, the laws, etc, could care less what company will or won't sell to their law enforcement. I would much rather our police have the very best in ALL tools for them to do their job, and go forbid be hurt or killed on the job because a lack there of. (Not that I think it would come to that).
Not trolling you but respectfully dis agreeing. .
As a New York Citizen totally affected by the latest post New Town hysterical anti gun laws, I applaud any gun related company that joins a boycott of selling to New York governments.
By Law, New York legally changed the nomenclature and NOW any semi auto gun with a pistol grip and detachable mag is now considered an "assault weapon", and the only reason that LE is allowed to carry is for self defense, then all those Glocks and Beretta's aka (assault weapons) are unnecessary. The term "assault weapon" denotes an offensive weapon.
New York state law is effectively dis-arming the population of modern weapons, so the police should be on the same level playing field.
Go back to 38 special revolvers and obey the law. get rid of all semi- auto rifles too.
Right now, New York gun owners (at least the ones investing sweat equity and donating) to fight these new law are on the front lines. Don't leave us hanging by appeasement because you were indoctrinated in 1st grade that Officer Friendly is you friend. Our local police and sheriffs are just as upset with the new law as we are. The STATE Police, who work directly for the Governor, are not allowed to voice personal opinion. Allegedly they are complaining to the Union but that can not be confirmed. They are also getting 60 million to fund a new "Gun Squad". In NY State PD terms 60 million pays for 600 troopers.
I am former LE and I too want "our police have the very best in ALL tools for them to do their job", but do not forget that they are still part of the executive branch of government.
Don't feel sorry of NY Gun Owners but don't abandon us out of political correctness. There are many of us that are doing everything in our power at great personal expense to overturn the new law.
Hopefully Colorado's proposed laws will never become law. Even if is defeated in the legislative process I leave you and all that read this with one final warning. Wake up! Pay attention to the political leaders that will willingly abandon the Constitution by supporting these so called "reasonable" laws and defeat them on election day, or end up just like New York.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back