Magazine Management

Artista_co

So, I have a number of black magazines that fit various pistols. They all look similar, but they do not interchange. I came up with an easy fix that I thought I ought to share.. (I am an artist, visit my profile pix to see my firearm illustrations, [for sale BTW, :yes4: ) I rubbed white liquitex acrylic paint into the stamped lettering. As it was drying, I rubbed the excess off with a paper towel. I did the final cleaning up with denatured alcohol and Voile'!Link Removed Now, I can tell the difference at a glance!

Any thoughts on XD vs XDm magazine? I have both in .40 caliber. I know there is a capacity difference, but at the range, when others are shooting, they also get mixed up. I just sharpied the XDm magazine with big black 'M''s. any other thoughts?

Any thoughts on XD vs XDm magazine? I have both in .40 caliber. I know there is a capacity difference, but at the range, when others are shooting, they also get mixed up. I just sharpied the XDm magazine with big black 'M''s. any other thoughts?

What i did was get matching magazine bases and striker retaining plates. Red bases and striker plat on the XD. Blue bases and striker plates on the XD-m

I also knew of a guy that put Mr. Yuk stickers on the bases of his magazines. If you did that for one model and not the other models, then one could easily tell them apart.

Of course, you could choose whatever sticker you want, even Hello Kitty... not as menacing though.

Dang, good idea but from the title thought you were talking about paper magazines with articles about guns....there are sooooo many of them and I want to read them all...I often find myself buying a second copy of a gun magazine that I'd already bought and read...olde age...or buying too many magazines to keep track...

As for the magazines that hold bullets I keep each handgun in a separate drawer of desk deal and put the mags for that gun with the proper gun. Think I'll try this idea though.

I just keep them all jumbled up and pick ones to use at random as all will theoretically get equal use over the long haul. My scientific rationalization for this practice is that I'm not willing to risk lettering, etching, or labels on magazines throwing my gun off balance when I most need to shoot super accurately. I also avoid red vs blue (labels and ink) and left vs right (which side to etch or label) issues. It's not strictly a labeling matter, but it's also important to have dark and light mags represented more or less equally.

So you think labeling your magazine with a sharpie (#1, #2, #3, etc) so you can identify a particular magazine will throw your gun "off balance"? I've been doing this for years in case I get a feeding issue, I can hone in on exactly which magazine was causing it and replace that magazine's spring. I also have to qualify at 25 yards and never have had an issue of accuracy.

So I see no reasoning why adding a ".357" or a ".40" in Sharpie would have any problem with gun balance either.

EDIT: I failed to see nosreme's sarcasm. Egg is on my face. :) Good one nosreme.

Last edited:
Evidently I didn't go far enough in my efforts to make sure nobody would mistake my post for anything other than tongue-in-cheek humor.

LOL....Thank goodness. I thought for a second there ... oh well... no need to explain. It is good humor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back