Magazine holster options

tutter ball

I was just curious as to others opinions. When it comes to magazine holsters which do you prefer? Horizontal ( round up or down) or vertical ( round forward or back) ?

Sent from my XT907 using USA Carry mobile app

I just bought a Snagmag for a Shield magazine. Sits in your support side front pocket. Comfortable. Pretty quick access with a small bit of practice.

Whichever way you choose to carry your magazine, one suggestion I would make is that when you pull the mag out of the holster your pointer finger should be touching the front side of the first round. This way you know exactly which way the mag is oriented and can do a quick mag change. With practice, one can perform a mag change extremely quickly.

On my LE belt I have them horizontally round up, in civvies I have them vertical round forward.. this gives the same basic motion with my hand and finger when doing a mag change.

While I have holders for speedloaders... when carrying my Shield, I put 2 extra mags in my back support side pocket. I can pull them out quickly and easily... never had any issues. Not sure why I'd need anything to hold them.

I always carry a single mag spare. I carry it on the left rear side(7-8 o'clock) as I shoot right handed. I keep the spare mag positioned in the mag carrier so when I reach for it it comes out so I can naturaly insert it directly into the gun. You never want to have to stop and see which direction the bullets are pointing. It wastes valueable time. You want to be able to, when your first mag is empty, drop it with your gun holding hand and at the same time be in the process of inserting the reserve mag with the other. whole thing should not take more that 3 seconds. (Reject, insert, rack) 1,2,3. My pistol holds 1 in the chamber and 17 in the mag, so I'm talking having 35 rounds readily available quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back