M39 - EMR 7.62mm

Shooter Mike

Got my hands on a M39 today. Didn't get to shoot it...hopefully in the near future. The unit is trying to figure out who gets is.

It was beautiful

Link Removed
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)

M39 components
Type Sniper rifle/designated marksman rifle
Place of origin United States
Service history
In service 2008-present
Wars Iraq War
Production history
Manufacturer United States Marine Corps
Unit cost $3,930.17 USD
Specifications
Weight 7.5 kg (16.5 lb)
Length 1,120 mm (44.2 in)
Cartridge 7.62x51mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire 60 rpm
Muzzle velocity 865 m/s (2,837 ft/s)
Effective range 770m (850 yd)
Feed system 20-round detachable box magazine

The M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR, NSN 1005-01-553-5196; more formally the Rifle, 7.62 MM, M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)) is a semi-automatic, gas-operated rifle chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge. It is a modified and accurized version of the M14 rifle built and utilized solely by the United States Marine Corps (USMC). It is based on the current U.S. Marine Corps Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), which it will replace.

As of October 2008 the weapon has seen limited use in Afghanistan by US Army cavalry scouts operating in the Hindu Kush Mtns.[citation needed]

The rifle is currently issued with match-grade M118LR 175-grain Long Range ammunition. The "basic" EMR (i.e., without telescopic sight, magazine, sling, basic issue items, cleaning gear, suppressor and bipod) weighs 13 pounds (5.9 kg) or less.

It has a resemblance to the United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Specifications
* 2 Applications
* 3 See also
* 4 References

[edit] Specifications

There are several notable differences between the DMR and EMR.

* Stock: the metal stock is adjustable in length and in height to provide a more precise cheek weld. The pistol grip is modified for a better grip.
* Optics: The MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail allows for the use of any optic compatible with the rail; this includes a rather large variety of military scopes and imaging devices. The M8541 Scout Sniper Day Scope (SSDS), originally designed for the M40A3, is issued with the rifle as a set.
* Bipod: A Harris S-L bipod is used on the USMC DMR, but a modified version is used on the EMR to be more durable.

[edit] Applications

The EMR is primarily used by a designated marksman, to provide precision fire for units that do not rate a Scout Sniper. As a replacement for the DMR, the EMR fills the need for a lightweight, accurate weapon system utilizing a cartridge more powerful than the M16A4's standard 5.56x45mm NATO—the 7.62x51mm NATO. The EMR also sees use from Marine Scout Sniper when the mission requires rapid accurate fire. The EMR is also used by the Marine Corps Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams.

[edit]

Very nice ! I've completed my own M39 clone which I just got back from Smith Enterprise. Here's a revised pic with the Simrad cap and tan handguard in place.

Link Removed

Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle

Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get the nomenclature right if your going to talk about a Military weapon.

Reading the original post I believe this was mentioned somewhere in there.
"It has a resemblance to the United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle."
Might want to read the entire post before jumping in with an opinion.
I didn't know what either of them were but do now.

Got my hands on a M39 today. Didn't get to shoot it...hopefully in the near future. The unit is trying to figure out who gets is.

It was beautiful

Link Removed
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)

M39 components
Type Sniper rifle/designated marksman rifle
Place of origin United States
Service history
In service 2008-present
Wars Iraq War
Production history
Manufacturer United States Marine Corps
Unit cost $3,930.17 USD
Specifications
Weight 7.5 kg (16.5 lb)
Length 1,120 mm (44.2 in)
Cartridge 7.62x51mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire 60 rpm
Muzzle velocity 865 m/s (2,837 ft/s)
Effective range 770m (850 yd)
Feed system 20-round detachable box magazine

The M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR, NSN 1005-01-553-5196; more formally the Rifle, 7.62 MM, M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)) is a semi-automatic, gas-operated rifle chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge. It is a modified and accurized version of the M14 rifle built and utilized solely by the United States Marine Corps (USMC). It is based on the current U.S. Marine Corps Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), which it will replace.

As of October 2008 the weapon has seen limited use in Afghanistan by US Army cavalry scouts operating in the Hindu Kush Mtns.[citation needed]

The rifle is currently issued with match-grade M118LR 175-grain Long Range ammunition. The "basic" EMR (i.e., without telescopic sight, magazine, sling, basic issue items, cleaning gear, suppressor and bipod) weighs 13 pounds (5.9 kg) or less.

It has a resemblance to the United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Specifications
* 2 Applications
* 3 See also
* 4 References

[edit] Specifications

There are several notable differences between the DMR and EMR.

* Stock: the metal stock is adjustable in length and in height to provide a more precise cheek weld. The pistol grip is modified for a better grip.
* Optics: The MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail allows for the use of any optic compatible with the rail; this includes a rather large variety of military scopes and imaging devices. The M8541 Scout Sniper Day Scope (SSDS), originally designed for the M40A3, is issued with the rifle as a set.
* Bipod: A Harris S-L bipod is used on the USMC DMR, but a modified version is used on the EMR to be more durable.

[edit] Applications

The EMR is primarily used by a designated marksman, to provide precision fire for units that do not rate a Scout Sniper. As a replacement for the DMR, the EMR fills the need for a lightweight, accurate weapon system utilizing a cartridge more powerful than the M16A4's standard 5.56x45mm NATO—the 7.62x51mm NATO. The EMR also sees use from Marine Scout Sniper when the mission requires rapid accurate fire. The EMR is also used by the Marine Corps Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams.

[edit]

Are you in the service by chance? I am in the Army and have been for 14 1/2 years. This weapon system came out from TACOM RI as an interim solution for mid range engagements. This weapon system is the (EBR)! Enhanced Battle Rifle. This SOB is seriously front heavy and awkward to carry and not very user friendly. Not trying to pic and argument just state the facts. Take care man

Yup currently AD..the M39 is more or less an EBR but it came out of Quantico and is a USMC specific weapon system its like the m24 compaired to an m40 pretty much the same thing just diffrent numenclature

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back