M&P Shield -.40's

Crazy bird

Hi all , has anyone seen in the gun stores the M&P shield .40's yet ? I'm in the n.h. area and the store I deal with (which is really big ) only got 3 in the 9mm version and they went in 2 hrs. . Talked to quit a few people and no one seen any yet ! Anyone out there seen them !:help:

I saw one last weekend at Beikirch's in East Rochester, NY ( Link Removed ). I also handled the Beretta Nano and my wife had purchased the Ruger LC9 several weeks ago. We both love the Ruger (although I own a Glock 19 Gen 3) and I was surprised how thin the S&W Shield was. My complaint against my Glock is the thickness of the grip but the Smith Shield was REally thin. I found the Beretta Nano a better fit to my hand (medium). Have to say I loved the trigger on the S&W Shield and the Nano was good too.

I'm on a wait list locally. The initial shipment of .40s were bought up pretty much as the guy pulled them off the truck into the store. I just recently decided to go with the 9mm instead, largely due to ammo prices. I'll be trading in my Taurus PT-740. I did hold a blue mold version of the M&P Shield and loved the way it fit my hand! It was marginally smaller than my Taurus slim, mainly in the width. I've heard great things about it! Patiently waiting...

The .40's have started to arrive. I was lucky enough to get one of the first 9mm's now if my holster would just show up!

I have a 9mm Shield on backorder. I haven't seen one in person yet, but everything I read and hear sounds good. I chose the 9mm over the .40 just to streamline my ammo needs. Almost opted for the Walther PPS, as I liked the look of the Olive Drab version. S&W will probably offer an OD or Flat Dark Earth version of the Shield eventually, but right now I'm thinking I may DuraCoat the frame when I get it. I can't wait (but I have to).

Anybody else find it strange that not one person claiming to have the .40 version has posted a picture?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back