Losing a CCW?

tmc3737

Is it possible to lose a CCW if a gun was stolen from your car glove box and your doors where unlocked by mistake? Negligence?

I have never understood why people think it is OK to leave guns in vehicles. Police reports are full of reports of car break ins in peoples driveways and and some punk scored big with a handgun.

I have never understood why people think it is OK to leave guns in vehicles. Police reports are full of reports of car break ins in peoples driveways and and some punk scored big with a handgun.
Console Vault. It's a very safe option that negates any negligence charges and is a nearly 100% deterrent in a smash and grab. Pricey but worth it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

Console Vault. It's a very safe option that negates any negligence charges and is a nearly 100% deterrent in a smash and grab. Pricey but worth it.

That's very different than a console or glove box, or under the seat, where people frequently leave/store their guns. I have a gun lockbox cabled to the seat frame which I use if I must leave my gun in the car, such as when I teach, but never for overnight storage in the driveway.

That's very different than a console or glove box, or under the seat, where people frequently leave/store their guns. I have a gun lockbox cabled to the seat frame which I use if I must leave my gun in the car, such as when I teach, but never for overnight storage in the driveway.
It is different and effective which is why I purchased one and don't know how I ever went without one. I have used other areas of my vehicles for storage (unloaded hunting rifles) while in transit to and from various destinations but I would never leave anything of high value in my vehicle overnight and even in my own driveway. Tempting fate with my firearms is definitely a non starter.

Indeed.

As for me, the only time I do not carry in my car is when I cannot carry at one or more of my destinations, including the courthouse (jury duty) and on a military base. On those trips, it's straight to and from the destination with no side trips or stops.

I never leave my firearm in my car. Period.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back