Looks like I need to start keeping the Mosin and an AR-15 in the truck.

S&W645

NRA Life Member
Seems that we have a foreign invader ( as if we needed another ) in our area. I live within a half mile of a canal where a Nile Crocodile has been seen. USF&WS has issued a shoot to kill order on it. No license needed. So the question is, do I need some AP rounds for the AR-15 or will the Remington .223 hollow points and 5.56 62gr SP round be fine as backup for the Mosin and the 7.62X54R hollow points?

WOW, Any 223/5.56 should work fine for a croc/Alligator they use a 22rl on that show swamp people! remember aim for between eyes.....
Happy Hunting!

AC

Google it and learn the kill spots.
Any wounded wild animal is very dangerous.
Might be better to report it to the local PD if your not sure you can drop it in one shot.

I think, on that show, they use 22lr and shoot in that location mostly to avoid damaging the hide. It probably has something to do with selling it.

Agree Kalamity...i'd use the Mosin and start planning what size shoes you want. With the 7.62x54 he won't have a chance to get mean.

Most likely shot would be to the side of the head. Not much else will be visible. If spotted, a shot from one bank of the canal towards the other side would be the best. The canal bank is between 3 and 6 foot high so would serve as a backstop. The croc if missed/wounded would need to be run downstream. Downstream leads to clear water and a control structure. Upstream would bring it closer to home and into dark water before it got to the next structure. It has about 4 miles of canal between structures.

Google it and learn the kill spots.
Any wounded wild animal is very dangerous.
Might be better to report it to the local PD if your not sure you can drop it in one shot.
Problem is, to get the police there is going to take 15 to 30 minutes. USF&WS could take hours and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission an hour or so. Link Removed is a story on the problem.

It's a little buggar. A .38, .40 or a 45 ought to do it. The .223/5.56 should do the trick on a little guy.

If you don't kill it with the mosin you didn't hit it.
Not trying to be funny. Within 80 yards a 7.62x54 will drop almost anything.

I vote 7.62x54R SP.... if you can't find any SP 54R just file off the tip of the bullet until you see lead, it'll open right up on impact!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back