Looking for info on CCW application for state of PA???

sp2022

I have the paper work for CCW permit but it is dated 2008. If there is a newer version please point me in the right direction. Also have been looking and cant seem to find where I should send my application for CCW for the state of PA. I am a non resident and non citizen, in the application it states that I have to send it to the PA state police. But which troop? Is there a main headquarters? I hold CCW permits from ME and NH. Any info would be great help. Thanks in advance.

I have the paper work for CCW permit but it is dated 2008. If there is a newer version please point me in the right direction. Also have been looking and cant seem to find where I should send my application for CCW for the state of PA. I am a non resident and non citizen, in the application it states that I have to send it to the PA state police. But which troop? Is there a main headquarters? I hold CCW permits from ME and NH. Any info would be great help. Thanks in advance.

First, are you certain that the application is for PA? The reason I ask is because it should not say CCW anywhere on it. PA issues a License To Carry Firearms, or LTCF, so I just want to verify that we are talking about the same thing.

Second, If you are not a citizen I believe you must at least be a permanent resident alien, you will be required to show proof of residency

Third, You apply for a PA LTCF with the county Sheriff. Residents of PA must apply at the Sheriff's office for the county in which they reside. As a non-res you do not have that requirement, however, a change was made earlier this year the requires all applications to be submitted in person, so you would want to begin with the county closest to you. Contact them to verify that your application form is current. Most, if not all, Sheriff's can be found with a simple Google search. Just call them, they are usually very helpful.

Good Luck! :biggrin:

More importantly what state do you reside in?
A license shall not be issued to any of the following:

A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back