Looking for a way to mount a tactical light on my Mossberg 500 SPX model 51523

Sandy Scott

Link Removed

This shotgun has very little room on the tube between the slide and the barrel mounting post. Does anyone know of a light holder/adaptor or whatever that will allow me to mount a tactical light on this baby without buying a new forend? Thanks.

I went with a shell holder on the receiver, holds 5 rounds, then bought a shell shaped flashlight mount...

believe the manufacturer was star tec

I can get a pic if you think it'd be helpful?

Edit:..company is tacstar

Edit 2.0: heres a link to what I'm talking about..
Link Removed

I cut a grip sleeve from a bicycle inner-tube and placed the pressure switch underneath it, so I just squeeze my hand in the right spot for on-demand lighting.

See if you can order this foregrip from Mossberg. They use it on several of the tactical pumps.

Link Removed

A BVL Link Removed in a FAS2 mount TACTICAL LIGHT MOUNT - Brownells on a Laserlyte Tri-Rail SHOTGUN TRI-RAIL ACCESSORY MOUNT - Brownells . The FAS3 is too small (25 mm) for the BVL (25.4 mm). The FAS2 is actually a skotch too big (27 mm). I made up the difference with a layer of wide electrical tape around the part of the light that goes inside the FAS2. When I put the tri-rail on my 590, I put it on the mag tube, since I have the 6-shot version. I see no reason why you couldn't put it on your barrel, since you have those nifty sights. Worse comes to worst, you can bandsaw the tri-rail in half to mount it on just the part of your mag tube you have left to you. Up side is, you can then equip two of those with one tri-rail.

Thanks for the suggestions gang, I finally wound up ordering a LaserLyte Tri-Rail model APP140. It fits the very small space between the slide and end of the tube of my 500. Of course it is a different tack - rather than getting a dedicated flashlight holder, I went with a rail system which affords 3 rails for use.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back