Looking for a single stack .40 S&W...suggestions?

nevrcm3

I am looking to buy a thinner/smaller .40 S&W for CC. What are the options out there? Thx

I love glocks and have shot them for several years. With CCW permits coming to IL I have found the most comfortable firearm for me to carry and conceal is the Kahr CW40. Much different trigger pull which takes time to get used to but I really like everything about it including the price!

If a single stack 40 is what you want OK, but have you shot any yet? there are several single stack 40s that conceal well, my wife and I had both a Taurus PT 740, and a S&W Shield we also had a 9mm Taurus (709) there are others and I'm sure there great weapons, but dam have they got a sharp recoil, to the point of painfull after several rds at the range, IMHO those guns are way to light for the 40rd, if you just want it for CC fine but one problem I and my wife found was you have to be mindful not to flinch on follow up shots which is tough knowing the guns really going to give you a wack, I have a Glock 23 and 27 carry both shoot both have ran over 200 rds through the 27 at one session with no problems, hell the small 45s don't wack you like the 40s, of which I have 2 a Kimber Ultra CDP ii and a Colt Defender, if I don't have a Glock on I have one of those, sometimes one of each.......so if it were me I would give a good look at one of the small 45s or subcompact 1911, much more pleasant to shoot and it still has more the enough power to take out the average BG

If a single stack 40 is what you want OK, but have you shot any yet? there are several single stack 40s that conceal well, my wife and I had both a Taurus PT 740, and a S&W Shield we also had a 9mm Taurus (709) there are others and I'm sure there great weapons, but dam have they got a sharp recoil, to the point of painfull after several rds at the range, IMHO those guns are way to light for the 40rd, if you just want it for CC fine but one problem I and my wife found was you have to be mindful not to flinch on follow up shots which is tough knowing the guns really going to give you a wack, I have a Glock 23 and 27 carry both shoot both have ran over 200 rds through the 27 at one session with no problems, hell the small 45s don't wack you like the 40s, of which I have 2 a Kimber Ultra CDP ii and a Colt Defender, if I don't have a Glock on I have one of those, sometimes one of each.......so if it were me I would give a good look at one of the small 45s or subcompact 1911, much more pleasant to shoot and it still has more the enough power to take out the average BG

Thx for so much info on the single stack .40s. Another reason for post is for my wife; small hand; CC. But if they hurt to shoot she won't. And wanting to keep it simple with the ammo, sticking with the .40.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back