Looking for a Dual Mag Carrier - IWB

Chap

I purchased an IWB Holster along with a IWB Dual Mag Carrier from a well know company. I am pleased with the holster ( and will be keeping it) I did have an issue with the dual Mag carrier.

I sent the company an e-mail with pictures showing the XDm double stacked .45 mags extended approx an inch above the horse hide backing. When sitting the mag bottom plate sticks me in the ribs. I asked if there could have been an assembly mistake on their part. ( their website picture showed the leather on their carrier extended above the mag preventing contact with skin. I asked if they could extend the material of the mag carrier up an inch or two which I believed would distribute the pressure when sitting and alleviate my pain. ( I was hopping that once they saw the pictures they would see the issue and offer a replacement carrier )

No such luck. I'm not going to mention the company's name so lets not go there.

They were kind enough to stand behind their product, they will accept the return of the Mag Carrier since I'm not happy with it.

So now I'm shopping for a new IWB Dual Mag carrier, any one on this forum make carriers?

I have a pencil sketch from around this carrier showing how the mag bottom plate sticks up. Not trying to reproduce another companies product just trying to show the approx size the carrier would have to be. Just attempting to help the carrier maker with dimensions. I could PM the sketch to a carrier maker if needed. Like I mentioned its for the XDm .45 double stacked mags, I'm right handed and hang the carrier on my left hip.

Any takers or do you know of a product online which would fit my needs?

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated,

Chap

Chap, try Adams Holsters. If you have questions you can always call Luke the owner and he is always willing to work with you. I have a IWB single mag carrier for my M&P .40C and it works well. Luke does custom work also. Good luck

Thanks srajala,

Perfect .......... Adams Holsters has the perfect dual mag carrier.

I got to tell you I hate you now...... I looked at the Holsters and fell in love with the Ostrich Leg/Full Quill trim with full grain lining. Yes now the mag carrier needs to match. Sweet set up, I still need to e-mail them to ensure they do the Springfield XDm .45 since it wasn't in the drop down box.

Thank you big time.

Chap

I heard back from Luke,

He currently doesn't support the XDm .45. However he is looking into getting a dummy pistol, so he can support it.

I appreciate his attempt to build my holster and mag carrier. Everyone cross your fingers for me.

Chap

Sorry to here he didn't have what you needed right off. I am currently waiting for my 3rd rig from him, so I know once you see them you gotta have one. Wait until you use one, you'll be hooked I know I am. The one he's building for me now is a OWB Crossroad holster with shark trim and a mag carrier to match. Can't wait to see that one. I am sure he'll have a dummy gun soon to build one for you. take care

Steve

No problem,

I've gotten two e-mails from him so far. He's on a road trip and said he'd keep working on adding the XDm .45 to his product line. I can wait, I really like his work. Thanks for pointing me to his website.

I currently have an IWB holster for my XDm .45 so I'm good for now.

I have an OWB holster (Link Removed) for my Kimber Ultra Carry II.

My K&D Holsters Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1 holster for my Ruger 380 should be here this month.

Chap

You're gonna love it

Chap, I just got my 3rd rig from Luke 2 weeks ago, OWB for my M&P, shark skin trimmed, love it. You won't be disappointed in the quality, fit or comfort.. Looks great took. Love that combo of exotics.

Glad to hear your third one came in.

I wasn't sure if I wanted an IWB holster made from exotic skin since you can't show it off much inside the pants.

To be honest if I buy another set up. It would be an OWB holster, I think it would still be the Ostrich Leg/Full Quill trim. Something about it just strikes me as an awesome look.

Chap

Hey Iteach4U,

Check out my links in #8 post above. I put the website link on each of the blue section of my post. ( Here they are again not buried as a hyperlink. ) Just click on the blue links and you will go there directly.

Adams Holsters - htttp://adamsholsters.com/store/index.php?route=common/home

(Picture of Holster) Ostrich Leg/Full Quill trim with full grain lining - http://adamsholsters.com/store/image/cache/data/holsters/l-adams-ostrich-800x600.jpg

Awesome holster isn't it.

Chap

PS, Once they arrive I'll be sure to post pic's

Wow, I just started browsing for "IWB dual mag carrier" after my current one is jabbing my side, and this thread came up. It's so exactly my same experience (probably from the same company), I had to double-check that I had not written the posting myself. I also purchased the IWB holster and dual-mag carrier; Love the holster, but the carrier jabs my side just like you said. I too sent the manufacturer a picture. In my case, however, the 13 rd mags from my XD-45 just barely stuck up above the leather. Another 1/4 or 1/2" of height on the leather and it'd be perfect! He's offering me to return the carrier for a full refund less shipping, which is nice, but doesn't solve my carrier problem. I'll have to check out the alternatives listed here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back