Looking for 45 ACP Bullets. Any suggestions?

Timothy Bryant

Avoidinyew
I just recently purchased a Smith and Wesson M&P 45c and am eager to start throwing some lead down range but I'm finding it both difficult and costly to find 45 ACP ammunition in stores. I have all that I need to reload the ammo (dies, powder, primers, and cases) but I do not any ACTUAL 45 caliber bullets to load into the cartridges. Does anybody know of a place where I can order some? I've been looking at precisionbullets.com - anybody have any experience with them?

I do a little reloading and I've always done plates bullets from berrys bullets. They aren't fmj but plates are way better than lead and don't dirty up the barrel as much as either. They are very cheap and affordable. I recommend the round nose 230gr or 200 or 185

As long as you keep your bullets below 1100 fps you shouldn't have much leading problem. Precision cast bullets in springport, Michigan casts his own for sale. Sells in quantity 500 only.

LSWC in .45acp fashion are an oft forgotten, excellent defense round. I've got some loads of LSWCHP that are reserved for carry-only.

Leading, with a well fit bullet, will be zero to minimal up to 1600fps.
I would get lead bullets from mastercastbullets.com or Missouri Bullets. From either, I would get the softer alloy and NOT the 20+ BHN bullets.
You can get great koted (moly or poly) bullets from Precision Bullets or Bayou Bullets. These prevent leading (unless you damage the coating) and have minimal to no smoke (for those who watch smoke more than the target).
I get jacketed bullets from Montana Gold or Precision Delta, but you need to back-order with them currently. If I needed any bullets, I would be happy to back-order with either company.
I have NEVER had good accuracy with a plated bullet and so am prejudiced against them. Lead works so well, I can't see spending more money for an inferior bullet. The only reason I buy jacketed in 9mm/.38 is because, at least a year ago, they were running only a penny per bullet more than lead--so I stocked up on JHPs: Zero, MG, and PD.

I use bulk pack bullets from MidwayUSA
You can sign up for email notifications for when they get bullets in.
They have bulk packages of 500, 1,000, and 2,000

Berrys bullets, Montana gold, oregon trail, bayou bullets. There's lots of them out there you just gotta look.

Thanks for the replies to all and sorry for the delay in posting again. I actually put in an order with Missouri Bullet Company and have gotten in some of their 230 grain "Soft Ball" Hardcast bullets. They seem to load up well and I have had no problems with them so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back