Looking at getting a Desert Eagle...44 magnum or 50AE...[emoji41]

You may want to take a look at whats available in used DE's. It is a novelty purchase as well as expensive ($1,800). Id imagine there are many that bought it and once the novelty wears down and they realize they dont shoot it often at $1.35-$1.50 per bullet, they turn around and sell it once they need money. The first thing id do is replace all the springs in it but even w that you might save a lot on your purchase.

You may want to take a look at whats available in used DE's. It is a novelty purchase as well as expensive ($1,800). Id imagine there are many that bought it and once the novelty wears down and they realize they dont shoot it often at $1.35-$1.50 per bullet, they turn around and sell it once they need money. The first thing id do is replace all the springs in it but even w that you might save a lot on your purchase.

I never thought about that. I would hope that pistol molded out of 4 pounds of stainless steel would take a very, very long time to get even remotely close to being worn especially in such a caliber/gun size that someone on average would probably only shoot 20 or 30 times a month.

Thanks for that advice, tho. I don’t normally seek used guns just because of getting burned from other used items I’ve bought in the past but I dunno, I may just have to make an exception on this...[emoji18]

I guess probably the reason I’m considering both the 50 action express and the 44 magnum is primarily for carrying it loaded in my pickup or big truck. Per Oklahoma law, a carry permit limits you to a maximum of 45 caliber and I believe overall pistol length can’t be over 14 inches. Length would be fine but that 50 would be over the allowable caliber size...lol.

I’d have to go back through my SDA book to see but I wonder if that only really applies to conceal carrying on one’s person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As far as conversions I would say get the 50 and a 44 conversion kit for it. Always better to covert smaller than the other way around or you might wind up with changing additional springs and such.

The newer models have a stainless slide and aluminum frame which brings the overall weight down to 3.5 lbs. I wish I got the all stainless heavier one though. Personal preference - I just like an all stainless gun and dont mind them being heavy.... Just paid $400 to have a sig hard chromed cause I like the look. Im considering now either selling/trading mine to get the heavier or just doing the same as the sig and getting the frame chromed. Will most likely do the latter.

I edc w a shoulder hoslter, most of the time just under a button down type shirt. I did get a shoulder rig for my 50 just to see if I can get away w carrying it and see if anyone notices. Waiting for colder weather though, that one will definitely need to go under a jacket. I did try it on and the damn thing takes up like my entire side. Hopefully I'll have like minutes to draw if ever needed... lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back