Looking at getting a Desert Eagle...44 magnum or 50AE...[emoji41]

corneileous

Just as the title says. Lol. I guess depending on what caliber I go with, I’m not really looking to carry it, just have it as a novelty. Lol. I’ve always been fascinated by the big, 4-pound, solid stainless Desert Eagle pistols like the one Don Johnson carried in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

I don’t know where I’d go to find one, or where I would even get to go to go shoot one so I’d mostly be winging it. A buddy of mine I saw on vacation has one and he loves it. Never did get to shoot it tho, as I tried to cram as much as I could in my week vacation.

Anybody have one? Love it? Hate it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not much bad to hear on either one, did here it would take a HOT Mag to keep that heavy slide in motion. I want the same novelty out of a BFR. Thinking about the 14" S&W in 460 with the bi-pod. Can then shoot cheaper 454 & 445 Colt for plinking.

I got a DE 50 within the last half year. Love it and definitely fun to shoot. Surprisingly much more accurate than I expected. No problems pinging 1 inch shoot groups with it. Ya gotta get used to shooting it though, its very easy to limp wrist and cause it not to fully return to battery. Other than that the only down side is $1.35 per bullet, luckily it kicks so much that I usually dont wind up shooting more than 21 rounds at a time. That and you wouldnt believe the mess a 50 AE round makes of your gun. I cleaned it ONCE after getting it and then ran out an bought an ultrasonic gun cleaner

As far as where to find one, just look on gunbroker.com then have it transferred to your local gun shop.

Here's a couple pic's from the first week I shot it. Not sure if I took any pics since. As you can see it shoots pretty tight but you do have to get used to its aiming point. Its sighted in for 100 yards from the factory, so it shoots a bit high at closer distances.

I got a DE 50 within the last half year. Love it and definitely fun to shoot. Surprisingly much more accurate than I expected. No problems pinging 1 inch shoot groups with it. Ya gotta get used to shooting it though, its very easy to limp wrist and cause it not to fully return to battery. Other than that the only down side is $1.35 per bullet, luckily it kicks so much that I usually dont wind up shooting more than 21 rounds at a time. That and you wouldnt believe the mess a 50 AE round makes of your gun. I cleaned it ONCE after getting it and then ran out an bought an ultrasonic gun cleaner

Good to hear.

Ultrasonic gun cleaner? What’s that?

Ultrasonic gun cleaner? What’s that?

Sort of a dishwasher/bath for guns/rifles. After a trip to the range I just field strip and throw 2-4 guns in for a half hour, wipe off, lube and reassemble. All done cleaning. A bit expensive to first purchase but well worth it if you shoot a lot. Im kicking myself for not having gotten one years ago

Link Removed

As far as where to find one, just look on gunbroker.com then have it transferred to your local gun shop.
What I meant more or less as I was saying trying to find a place that sells one where I could at least check one out and hold it in my hand...lol.

I’ve pretty much decided I’m gonna have to order one and do the whole transfer thing if I choose to get one.

Here's a couple pic's from the first week I shot it. Not sure if I took any pics since. As you can see it shoots pretty tight but you do have to get used to its aiming point. Its sighted in for 100 yards from the factory, so it shoots a bit high at closer distances.

Nice. Lol. Kinda starting to get excited. Lol.

Sort of a dishwasher/bath for guns/rifles. After a trip to the range I just field strip and throw 2-4 guns in for a half hour, wipe off, lube and reassemble. All done cleaning. A bit expensive to first purchase but well worth it if you shoot a lot. Im kicking myself for not having gotten one years ago

Link Removed

Hmm. It’s like in one way I wanna say the old fashioned style of cleaning is kind of therapeutic but on the other way... I like that...[emoji50]

And that works on all guns, pretty much if it’ll fit, it’ll clean it? I take it it’s safe for plastic guns as well?

Hmm. It’s like in one way I wanna say the old fashioned style of cleaning is kind of therapeutic but on the other way... I like that...[emoji50]

And that works on all guns, pretty much if it’ll fit, it’ll clean it? I take it it’s safe for plastic guns as well?

I agree, Im an old infantryman who has always kept busy w cleaning guns. However Ive been increasingly going to the range more and shooting more than one gun at a time so its been taking up a lot of time. Then when I got the DE, I was like the hell w that. Now that Im no longer cleaning everything by hand, Im going even more often and definitely w multiple guns at a time ;)

As for the gun, Ive never seen one as a rental and never got a chance to try one myself before ordering online. As you said though, part of getting it that its iconic. I can only say I dont think you will be disappointed. I winded up being pleasantly surprised with it being more of a tack driver than I expected and there definitely a blast to shoot and make a great conversation piece at the range.

Oh and to answer your question, yes ive cleaned just about every possible type of gun I can think of in it. The only thing not to put in it is something that might have been self painted and not sealed. I did strip the paint off some sights I painted myself and some springs.

They have a few different ultrasonics on Amazon. They range in size and price. It is on my Christmas list this year.

The Place to Be

Not sure if its still current but Hornady had a rebate offer of 500 bullets. Not sure if all there models qualify or not. It certainly helped justify the price knowing I was getting $125 worth of free ammo out of it. Not sure if you happen to reload or not but there great at cleaning brass too

I’ll definitely have to look into that ultrasonic cleaner. And as much of a clean freak as I am, this will probably do a lot better job than I will.

Not sure if its still current but Hornady had a rebate offer of 500 bullets. Not sure if all there models qualify or not. It certainly helped justify the price knowing I was getting $125 worth of free ammo out of it. Not sure if you happen to reload or not but there great at cleaning brass too

My dad used to reload his ammunition but I’ve never tried it myself. I’d like to but I don’t think I have the room for a reloading setup. Maybe someday...[emoji41]

So philly, what do you shoot in yours? I’m assuming they are Hornady’s but which ones? Are they’re different types/grain? I was looking on cheaper than dirt and they have some 300 and 350 grain ammo made by magnum Research themselves. Say there specially designed for the desert eagle.

Local shop, Applied Ballistics, in Lafayette, Indiana will rent you one, $15/half hour, to shoot on their indoor range. Even though you are in OK, it may be worth your while to come her, shoot, and go home, cheaper than buying one. :)

Local shop, Applied Ballistics, in Lafayette, Indiana will rent you one, $15/half hour, to shoot on their indoor range. Even though you are in OK, it may be worth your while to come her, shoot, and go home, cheaper than buying one. :)

Lol, I know I might sound crazy but I think I’d need a little bit more excuse to drive all the way up to Indiana just to shoot a pistol...lol.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back