Lodging or Camping Near Savannah

milkmood

Dodge this.
Hey Georgians...

My son is returning from Iraq around the 10th-11th of October, and I'm looking for some free or cheap lodging for that entire week. I'm coming from Arizona to greet him and spend his 48 hour pass time with him.

I'm not opposed to camping, but not a fan of public, private or state campgrounds. I'd like to be at or near Ft. Stewart, but anything between there and Savannah and the beach would be fine too.

Any suggestions? :help:

C

Give him our grateful thanks. Tell you what--bring him to NC and I will pay for your cabin at our bi-annual gathering. It is 15-17 Oct. and at Camp Millstone 4-H camp near Rockingham, NC. We will feed him fish on Friday night, country ham in the mornings with fresh biscuits and coffee, and the others will feed him goodies from their Dutch Ovens Sat. afternoon. How is that for a free weekend and a big welcome home also. It is only about 3-4 hours north of "camp swampy". My son spent a tour "uptown" at Hunter a few years back. Tell your son that my "red headed stepson" lives near Goose Creek and will gladly take him hunting anytime he can get away. If he likes fishing then they will get along great. PM me either way

Hi 06, Thanks for the offer, that's very kind of you. We have to stay within 50 miles of Ft. Stewart for his 48 hour pass, and my flight is already booked from the 10th-15th.

I think we found a solution. Ft. Stewart has a camping facility that we're going to use right on post. It's $6 a night, so I'll just buy a $30 tent at Walmart (eww), when I arrive in Savannah and we'll be good to go.

Just got my "pooter" back from the guru. Check with base services. They may have on base camping and even supply you with essentials. Be sure to tell your son thanks. My son just signed for Pathfinders. "Plum" proud of the lad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back