Little Rock PD officer involved shooting of 15 year old is charged

John Taylor

LRPD officer arrested for manslaughter - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

This sounded suspicious from the start; I am quick to defend our LEO's
when others automatically want to bash them. We've had a lot of handgun
related homicides this summer, July was a record high; I don't have the
statistics in hand,I will pull them up, if anyone is interested. The liberals
are having a heyday with it. This was just released within the hour.
Another lack of training situation?

my ramblings, with no formatting skills.

LRPD officer arrested for manslaughter - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

This sounded suspicious from the start; I am quick to defend our LEO's
when others automatically want to bash them. We've had a lot of handgun
related homicides this summer, July was a record high; I don't have the
statistics in hand,I will pull them up, if anyone is interested. The liberals
are having a heyday with it. This was just released within the hour.
Another lack of training situation?

It's getting complicated, the youth was out on 100k bond for car jacking a nurse at a local hospital at gunpoint, this
last July. Officer Hastings, son and nephew of two ranking highly respected members of the LRPD, has
several suspensions including leaving his assigned district to assist a State Police call, driving at speeds in excess of110
mph. w/o blues on, disregarding dispatchers directions to slow down and return to his assigned patrol as his
assistance was neither requested or needed. When he deciding to return he did so again speeds 110+mph still w/o
blues and topped it off denying he deserted his patrol district. His assessments stated he lacked discipline and impulse
control, and his placement as a patrol officer was discouraged. His attorney claims the suspensions are irrelevant to the
case, and Hastings felt his life was in danger.Evidence shows the vehicle was in reverse and backing away when the shot
was fired. Investigators state the teen was incapacitated instantly from the gunshot wound and would have been unable
to change directions. as the car was still in reverse and backed several yards crashed into parked vehicles when
investigators arrived. Investigators state the vehicle stopped several feet from Hastings and was moving away when he
fired.

The summer here in Little Rock has been a non-stop crime spree, areas once considered "crime free" have been hit
the hardest, and the residents are blaming section 8 housing fairly new to areas bordering the neighborhoods and the
lack of police presence. Law enforcement has historically been minimal in the district and residents claim the criminals
are now aware of the fact, and taking full advantage. Police response is typically a minimum of 20 minutes.
I live in the general vicinity and have all my life, it's time to pay attention, look around. if it looks like its out of place
it probably is, this is not a racially motivated statement, the hyper PC around here are getting a wake up call and
putting pressure on an already taxed Police Force. One of the nearby Sec.8 apartment complexes had over 425 calls by
this July, it is now on the block for demolition, with no information as to who will be getting subsidized to house the
displaced residents. times are changing people, we can't blame the police for our lack of foresight, and lax security
measures. The middle class liberals are getting a taste of the real world...and supporting gun control. That should be
the experience of a lifetime if they get their wish. I'm an armed pacifist, live with it, I will.

His assessments stated he lacked discipline and impulse
control, and his placement as a patrol officer was discouraged.

Sounds like he was major incident and a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back