Let Your Flag Fly

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
For the last week or so I've been making it a point to wear some sort of firearm related clothing when I'm out in public. I have numerous hats and t-shirts with firearm logos on them (as well as a couple of NRA items)......I find my Springfield Armory "Fear No Evil" hat to be particularly appropriate in light of recent events (both criminal and legislative). In addition to showing my support for our right to arm ourselves if we choose, I guess I'm also daring an anti-gunner to come up and attempt to engage me on the subject. Thus far the only reaction I've had is to get a thumbs-up from somebody in reference to my HK hat and I gave a thumbs-up to a guy at the gym who was wearing a t-shirt from a local shooting range/gun store. Normally I don't advertise the fact that I might be carrying but times have changed and I feel it's important to show the colors.

The only hat I have that is gun related is a NRA hat which I do wear. No one has ever made a bad comment, but some have made some people have made good comments.

I always let my flag fly.. I open carry. And you know, I walked around a busy Wal-Mart for an hour finishing up some Christmas shopping, and I didn't have one issue. I did receive a couple stares from one group that were easy to tell they weren't from around here, mainly from the "damn that cracker's strapped" remark, but a quick smile and a wave got the same response.

You'll find that 99% of the population is completely oblivious to what's going on around them, and pay zero attention to anything other than what they're doing. The best one I had was a few months ago - overhearing a woman talking to another woman about how she's terrified of firearms, feels no one should own them, etc. After standing there for a few seconds "finding something on the shelf" she asked me my opinion. I told her she's around firearms more than she thinks and I guarantee she doesn't know it. Of course, I get the usual "that's impossible." I don't think I've ever seen anyone turn more red from embarrassment when I pointed to my hip which had been facing her the entire time.

Anyway, keep up the good fight. :yes4:

I love my Tshirt, "sometimes I carry, sometimes I don't, feeling lucky?" Responses have all been positive though. I'm sure the number of guns is higher than the number of people in this state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back