Let there be light... Or maybe not?

TLoK

TheLegendofKĕvō.com
Do you run a light on your EDC rig?
I can imagine some of the reasons why you may or may not but I'm considering it and wanted some outside opinions. Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Link Removed

Do you run a light on your EDC rig?
I can imagine some of the reasons why you may or may not but I'm considering it and wanted some outside opinions. Thoughts?

Too bulky, I don't hang out in alleys or dark parking lots, and it requires a lot of training. I have one on a home SD piece and do train on it at home. Apples and oranges though. Drawing from a holster with an extra step is just adding to a demanding situation if you have to draw for some valid reason.

The Place to Be

Too bulky, I don't hang out in alleys or dark parking lots, and it requires a lot of training. I have one on a home SD piece and do train on it at home. Apples and oranges though. Drawing from a holster with an extra step is just adding to a demanding situation if you have to draw for some valid reason.

The Place to Be
Okay, so that's one thing I took into perspective. But here's a thought my wife and I were talking about (we're both new to the CCW world and we're still in that nerdy phase):
The whole concept of CCW is being prepared for a situation that may never arise in the unlikely chance it does.

My thinking is that having the light doesn't necessarily need to be activated when the gun is drawn unless you need the light. For instance, if I'm getting out of my car and someone rushes me, I just need to point and shoot. But in the unlikely situation of a situation where a gun and a light would be handy, and I only have my EDC, I'd be screwed without it (if I had no other light).

I guess my real question is (I probably should have been more direct) are there any REAL drawbacks? The thing about being bulky was one thing I considered so I'm glad you pointed it out to reaffirm my suspicion.

Okay, so that's one thing I took into perspective. But here's a thought my wife and I were talking about (we're both new to the CCW world and we're still in that nerdy phase):
The whole concept of CCW is being prepared for a situation that may never arise in the unlikely chance it does.

My thinking is that having the light doesn't necessarily need to be activated when the gun is drawn unless you need the light. For instance, if I'm getting out of my car and someone rushes me, I just need to point and shoot. But in the unlikely situation of a situation where a gun and a light would be handy, and I only have my EDC, I'd be screwed without it (if I had no other light).

I guess my real question is (I probably should have been more direct) are there any REAL drawbacks? The thing about being bulky was one thing I considered so I'm glad you pointed it out to reaffirm my suspicion.

I am a strict KISS principle disciple. I can't carry or train for the 100% solution to the possibly hundreds of bad situations I might be embroiled in if I were to have to pull on someone. I think a light would be great but if I do the pros and cons for having one on the single digit chance of needing one, then the cons outweigh the pros.

I guess broken down on a back road would be the only one I can envision me being in. I have a flashlight in my vehicles. There are needs and wants with outfitting. Ammo is a need. Light would be a nice to have in a minority of situations.

You should buy a TLR-1 or better yet use a friend's first. I like mine for SD. It's super bright in a home.

The Place to Be

I am a strict KISS principle disciple. I can't carry or train for the 100% solution to the possibly hundreds of bad situations I might be embroiled in if I were to have to pull on someone. I think a light would be great but if I do the pros and cons for having one on the single digit chance of needing one, then the cons outweigh the pros.

I guess broken down on a back road would be the only one I can envision me being in. I have a flashlight in my vehicles. There are needs and wants with outfitting. Ammo is a need. Light would be a nice to have in a minority of situations.

You should buy a TLR-1 or better yet use a friend's first. I like mine for SD. It's super bright in a home.

The Place to Be
Awesome feedback. Thanks a lot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back