Let them eat cake

Jessica Carlson

Shoot like a Girl
Had a 13 year old request a "Sniper Cake" as he is a huge supporter of the 2nd ammendment and our Soldiers. The cake itself is camo colored (not pictured) just thought I'd share it because the next generation really will shape our countries future... raise 'em right!!!

Link Removed

I would like to the first to say awesome and very unique cake idea. Awesome kid too. Sounds like someone is raising him correctly. I love it when the younger generation has a respect for the older values which make this country what it is today. Sure we have issues and all but we are still so much nicer and better than the majority of other countries out there. I love the fact he thinks so highly of those that are dying to keep him free. I meet so many who basically spit on our rights and say some very horrible things about our men and woman who sacrifice so much for us and those that went before them to give us the freedoms we enjoy. They forget if it had not been for the patriots in the past we would be most likely under England's rule or be part of Germany or some other nation.

I salute all of the brave men and woman past an present who have served and sacrifice in one form or another to keep this nation free. I am glad you were willing to fulfill this patriotic young mans request. I salute you both.

A very awesome job on the cake, thank you for sharing it and showcasing yer skill and talent.

May you have most excellent day and weekend.

Patrick

Had a 13 year old request a "Sniper Cake" as he is a huge supporter of the 2nd ammendment and our Soldiers. The cake itself is camo colored (not pictured) just thought I'd share it because the next generation really will shape our countries future... raise 'em right!!!

Link Removed

I believe that a 13 year old is way too young to consider these issues, and unfortunately this may be signs of something not too good.

I am guessing it is probably just due to too much exposure to the military history channel.

At age 13 kids are most often just learning to hunt squirrels and rabbits.

If mom has some great squirrel and rabbit recipes, then they can learn to associate hunting with food, and not with sniping at jihadists.

Sniping is not an 2A issue anyway. Home defense is a 2A issue. And as Scalia has pointed out, "militia" has little or nothing to do with it.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

I would like to the first to say awesome and very unique cake idea. Awesome kid too. Sounds like someone is raising him correctly. I love it when the younger generation has a respect for the older values which make this country what it is today. Sure we have issues and all but we are still so much nicer and better than the majority of other countries out there. I love the fact he thinks so highly of those that are dying to keep him free. I meet so many who basically spit on our rights and say some very horrible things about our men and woman who sacrifice so much for us and those that went before them to give us the freedoms we enjoy. They forget if it had not been for the patriots in the past we would be most likely under England's rule or be part of Germany or some other nation.

I salute all of the brave men and woman past an present who have served and sacrifice in one form or another to keep this nation free. I am glad you were willing to fulfill this patriotic young mans request. I salute you both.

A very awesome job on the cake, thank you for sharing it and showcasing yer skill and talent.

May you have most excellent day and weekend.

Patrick

Sure the cake looks good. But the kid worries me.

I believe that a 13 year old is way too young to consider these issues, and unfortunately this may be signs of something not too good.

I am guessing it is probably just due to too much exposure to the military history channel.
Yeah, too much exposure to history is detrimental to a victim culture...

i believe that a 13 year old is way too young to consider these issues, and unfortunately this may be signs of something not too good.

If mom has some great squirrel and rabbit recipes, then they can learn to associate hunting with food, and not with sniping at jihadists.

Sniping is not an 2a issue anyway. Home defense is a 2a issue. And as scalia has pointed out, "militia" has little or nothing to do with it.

foxtrot indigo.

Well I never would have thought that here a gun cake would automatically be seen a a negative. This is exactly the gun stereotype we want to avoid. Why can't it just be a tribute to our soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan that helped protect the troops from a distance. Perhaps his father is a sniper in the military. Come on guys.

There is a former police officer and Veit Nam vet is his immediate family... "serve and protect" is pretty much the families motto whether it's here on our soil or overseas.

Well I never would have thought that here a gun cake would automatically be seen a a negative. This is exactly the gun stereotype we want to avoid. Why can't it just be a tribute to our soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan that helped protect the troops from a distance. Perhaps his father is a sniper in the military. Come on guys.

Another one I made for the open house of the local gun shop/specialty store. The bullets are edible and made of chocolate.
Link Removed
Link Removed

Sniping has always been controversial in history, although presently it is about the only battle tactic that is working in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Normally with regular armies you throw infantry and armor strength against opposing forces. Sniping officers and medics and radiomen as the VC did in Viet Nam resulted in a lot of bad feelings all around. The VC used it to demoralize the war effort at home in the USA.

The tv shows on desert cqb warfare are probably why this issue is even out in the general media.

Has nothing to do with gun culture or anything political.

So glorifying sniping seems like a symptom of something worse. But what the heck war is war.

Maybe our society including the 13 year olds is just growing too violent.

Or maybe 11 years of war in Afghanistan is weighing upon the psyche of the American public.

Sniping is not an 2A issue anyway. Home defense is a 2A issue. And as Scalia has pointed out, "militia" has little or nothing to do with it.

Throttle back. You don't need to rain on everybody's parade. Happily, not everyone has your Scrooge - like negative attitude. The kid's birth day cake is OK, and so is the kid and the dad. If anyone has had too much exposure to TV, it's YOU.Try tuning out the idiot network.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back